Gemma Arterton is an English actress and film producer. Arterton made her film debut in the comedy film St Trinian’s. Her breakthrough role was in the James Bond film Quantum of Solace, playing Bond Girl Strawberry Fields, which won her an Empire Award for Best Newcomer. She was the title star of the film The Disappearance of Alice Creed. She is known for her roles in the fantasy films Clash of the Titans, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Byzantium and as the character Gretel in Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. She played Joan in Bernard Shaw’s Saint Joan at Donmar Warehouse, December 2016. She played the lead role in the film Their Finest. From 2016 Arterton has run her own production company Rebel Park Productions which focusses on creating female-led content both in front of and behind the camera.
Gemma Christina Arterton
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gemma Arterton was born on February 02, 1986, in Gravesend, Kent, England.
She’s currently 33 years old.
She has German Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Gemma attended Gravesend Grammar School for Girls in Kent, England. She left school to attend Miskin Theatre School in Dartford. Arterton graduated in 2008 from RADA. She received full government grant to attend Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Father – Barry Arterton (Welder)
- Mother – Sally-Anne Heap (Cleaner)
- Siblings – Hannah Jane Arterton (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Wreckless Eric (Aunt) (Singer-songwriter)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gemma Arterton has dated –
- Eduardo Munoz (2008) – Spanish horse rider Eduardo dated for a couple of months from June to December 2008.
- Stefano Catelli (2009-2013) – Gemma started dating a fashion consultant, Stefano Catelli in March 2009. She announced her engagement on July 6, 2009 and married on June 5, 2010 at a private ceremony in Zuheros, Andalucia, Spain. The couple remained together for a while but separated in February 2013.
- Franklin Ohanessian (2014-2016) – French director, Franklin Ohanessian and Gemma first met in 2014 during the filming of The Voices (2014). He was working as an assistant director there. They started dating soon after that and Gemma regularly traveled to Paris to meet Franklin and also learned French. But, in October 2016, the relationship came to an end.
- Rory Keenan (2017-Present) – Irish actor, Rory Keenan and Gemma were spotted kissing during British Summer Time Festival in July 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-37
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 7 (US).
Her roles in movies like St Trinian’s (2007) as Kelly Jones, Quantum of Solace (2008) as Strawberry Fields, Clash of the Titans (2010) as Lo, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010) as Princess Tamina and Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013) as Gretel.
She did the role of Kelly Jones in the 2007 film St Trinian’s. The film is a sixth one in the series by the work of the cartoonist Ronald Searle.
Arterton appeared in a 4 part British television series Lost in Austen in 2008 for her role as Elizabeth Bennet. Gemma had appeared in only 2 episodes out of a total 4.
G-Star Raw (Dutch clothing company), Avon (American cosmetics company).
Awards & Nominations
|2008||Empire Award||Best Newcomer||St Trinian’s||Nominated|
|2008||National Movie Award||Best Actress||St Trinian’s||Nominated|
|2009||Empire Award||Best Newcomer||Quantum of Solace||Won|
|2010||Teen Choice Award||Choice Movie: Female Breakout||Clash of the Titans||Nominated|
|2010||Teen Choice Award||Choice Fantasy Actress||Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Clash of the Titans||Nominated|
|2010||Scream Award||Best Breakout Performance Female||Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time||Nominated|
|2011||BAFTA||Rising Star Award||Herself||Nominated|
|2011||Glamour Awards||Woman of the Year – Film Actress||Herself||Won|
|2014||Whatsonstage.com Awards||Best Actress In A Musical||Made in Dagenham||Nominated|
|2015||Laurence Olivier Award||Best Actress in a Musical||Made in Dagenham||Nominated|
|2015||Evening Standard Theatre Award||Newcomer in a Musical||Made in Dagenham||Won|
|2016||Laurence Olivier Award||Best Actress||Nell Gwynn||Nominated|
|2016||Evening Standard Theatre Award||Best Actress||Nell Gwynn||Nominated|
Gemma Arterton Favorites
- Favorite Fairytale – Little Red Riding Hood
- Favorite Author – Angelina Carter
- Favorite Playwright – Shakespeare
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
Gemma Arterton Net worth
Gemma Arterton has a estimated net worth of $13 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Gemma Arterton
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gemma Arterton
- She made her stage debut in school and won the best actress prize for her performance.
- Gemma supports Charlton Athletic Football Club enthusiastically.
- She was once blocked in May 2008 from acting opposite Kate Moss for Rimmel.
- She won Empire Award for Best Newcomer for the movie Quantum of Solace in 2009.
- She had also worked as a makeup salesgirl during her time in Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- In 2015, Arterton starred as the titular lead in Gemma Bovery. The film is a re-imagining of Gustave Flaubert’s 19th Century classic Madame Bovary and directed by Anne Fontaine. Arterton learnt to speak fluent French for the role, never having spoken a word of the language previously.
- In 2016, Arterton set up Rebel Park Productions to create female-lead and female-centric film and TV projects.
- In 2017, Arterton took on the role of Joan in Josie Rourke’s interpretation of George Bernard Shaw’s classic story Saint Joan.
- In 2018, Arterton produced and co-created The Escape, a largely improvised film about a mother struggling with the breakdown of her marriage.
- In 2019, Arterton appeared in the Netflix comedy Murder Mystery. Despite the film’s largely negative reviews, it was watched by 30.9 million Netflix account-holders in its first three days of release, a record for the streaming service.