Freida Pinto is an Indian actress who has appeared mainly in American and British films. Pinto rose to prominence with her film debut in the British drama Slumdog Millionaire, for which she was nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance and Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress, Drama and won the Palm Springs International Film Festival Award for Breakthrough Performance.
Freida Selena Pinto
Birthday / Date of Birth
Freida Pinto was born on October 18, 1984 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 34 years old.
She has Indian ethnicity.
Freida attended Carmel of St. Joseph School in Malad, Mumbai. She majored in English literature and minored in Psychology and Economics from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. She learned acting from The Barry John’s Acting Studio in Andheri, Mumbai.
- Father – Frederick (Senior branch manager at Bank of Baroda)
- Mother – Sylvia (Principal of St. John’s High School in Goregaon)
- Siblings – Sharon (Older Sister) (Associate Producer of the News Channel, NDTV)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Freida Pinto has dated –
- Dev Patel (2009-2014) – Freida started dating Dev Patel when she met him on the set of Slumdog Millionaire in 2009. He is 6 years her junior. Pinto was already engaged to some other man before meeting Dev. So, she broke her engagement to date this British actor. Freida and Dev broke up in 2014.
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing Latika in the 2008 British drama film Slumdog Millionaire. The film directed by Danny Boyle received numerous Oscar nominations.
She appeared in 2008 drama film Slumdog Millionaire for her role as Latika. The film received numerous awards. The film was nominated for ten awards at the 81st Academy Awards, wining eight, including the award for Best Picture. Pinto won the Breakthrough Performance Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, along with other cast members from the film. She was also nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the BAFTA Awards.
In 2006, Pinto hosted a talk show called ‘Full Circle’ on Zee International Asia Pacific. This was her debut in television. In 2018, she had a recurring role as Vera in an American web drama series, ‘The Path’.
Pinto has done endorsement works for brands like Airtel, eBay, DeBeers, Škoda, Visa, Vodafone India, and Wrigley’s Chewing Gum. She is also the ambassador of Plan USA’s I Am A Girl. Pinto was announced as the ambassador for Audemars Piguet in July 2015.
Awards & Nominations
|2009||BAFTA Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Slumdog Millionaire||Nominated|
|Black Reel Awards||Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|Central Ohio Film Critics Association||Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Awards||Best Kiss||Nominated|
|Palm Springs International Film Festival||Breakthrough Performance Award||Won|
|Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress: Drama||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Fresh Face Female||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Liplock||Nominated|
Freida Pinto Favorites
- Favourite Actors – Jack Nicholson, Johnny Depp, Ranbir Kapoor
- Favourite Actress – Marilyn Monroe, Nicole Kidman, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt
- Favourite Designer – Varun Bahl, Salvatore Ferragamo
- Favourite Perfume – Coco Chanel, Jo Malone, Wild Fig & Cassis, Jo Malon
- Favourite Bag – Lady Dior, Chanel Bandana
- Favourite Holiday Destination – India (North West Parts, especially Kashmir)
- Favourite Colour – Orange, Green, Pink
- Favourite Novel – Harry Potter Novel by J. K. Rowling
- Favourite Food – Vada Pav, Roast Chicken Curry, Mangalorean Seafood, Paani Puri, Sevpuri, Dark Chocolates, Rasmalai
- Favourite Workout – Yoga, Cardio, Swimming, Pilates, Stretching
Freida Pinto Net worth
Freida Pinto has a net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2019. This money comes from modeling, TV, commercials and films.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Freida Pinto
- Pinto was born in Mumbai to a Mangalorean Catholic family.
- In school Freida was active in sports and also sang in the choir.
- She wanted to be an actress since her childhood, and after watching the victory of Sushmita Sen in the Miss Universe 1994, she made a firm decision about it.
- She knows various dance forms such as Salsa and Classical Indian dance.
- In 2007, she got selected by her modelling agency, along with the other six models, to audition for the female lead in Slumdog Millionaire (2008) a movie by Danny Boyle. Eventually, after six months of extensive auditions, she got selected for the film opposite Dev Patel.
- Pinto auditioned for the role of Bond girl for the 2008 film Quantum of Solace, but somehow it went to Olga Kurylenko.
- Pinto was considered to replace Emma Stone in Sucker Punch (2011) but lost out to Jamie Chung.
- She divides her time between Mumbai, England and Los Angeles.
- Pinto was featured in People magazine’s “World’s Most Beautiful People” and “World’s Best Dressed Women” lists in 2009.
- She was included in AskMen’s “Top 99 Most Desirable Women” list, consecutively from 2010 to 2012.
- In February 2016, Pinto announced that she would be a part of a nonprofit organisation called “We Do It Together”, which provides finance for feature films, documentaries and television shows that focus on women’s empowerment
- In 2018, she appeared in ‘Love Sonia’ (an Indian Film). In the film, she was featured alongside Mrunal Thakur, Manoj Bajpayee, Rajkummar Rao, Anupam Kher, Richa Chadda, Adil Hussain and others.