Fantasia Barrino is an American R&B singer. In 2004, she rose to prominence for her performance of the Porgy and Bess standard “Summertime” during the third season of American Idol, and eventually became that season’s winner. Following her victory, Barrino became the second woman to have their first single debut at number-one on the Billboard Hot 100, following Lauryn Hill, when her debut single “I Believe”, launched atop the chart. She released her New York Times Best-Selling autobiography Life Is Not a Fairy Tale, which was adapted into the 2006 television film which she starred in. Fantasia has also starred in the Broadway musicals The Color Purple and After Midnight. Barrino is set to make her feature film debut, reprising the role of Celie in the 2023 film adaptation of The Color Purple.
Fantasia Monique Barrino
Bobo, Fantasia Fantastic, Tasia, Baby Patti LaBelle
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Author
R&B, Pop, Soul, Hip Hop, Gospel
J Records, 19 Recordings Inc., RCA Records, Concord Records, Rock Soul Inc., BMG Rights Management
Birthday / Date of Birth
Fantasia Barrino was born on the 30th of June 1984, in High Point, North Carolina, United States.
She’s currently 39 years old.
She is of African-American descent.
Fantasia had attended T. Wingate Andrews High School in her hometown of High Point, North Carolina. She had, however, dropped out after she was s*xually assaulted by a classmate.
- Father – Joseph Barrino
- Mother – Diane Barrino
- Siblings – Kassim Vonricco Washington aka Ricco Barrino (Older Brother) (Recording Artist, Songwriter), Joseph Barrino (Brother), Xavier Barrino (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Fantasia Barrino has dated –
- Brandel Shouse (1998-2003) – Fantasia had started dating Brandel Shouse when she was just 14 years old. 2 years later, she gave birth to a daughter named Zion Quari Barrino. In 2003, The couple eventually parted ways.
- Michael Clayton (2004-2005) – After that, in 2004 and 2005, Barrino dated the American football star Michael Clayton for two years.
- Young Dro (2007–2008) – From 2007 to 2008, Fantasia was also in a relationship with the famous American rapper Young Dro for two years.
- Antwaun Cook (2009-2012) – Through her relationship with Antwaun Cook, she has a son named Dallas Xavier Barrino (b. December 13, 2011).
- Kendall Taylor (2014–Present) – In July 2014, Fantasia began dating businessman Kendall Taylor and on July 18, 2015, the couple got married. In November 2020, she had announced that the couple was expecting their first child together. In May 2021, They welcomed a baby girl named Keziah.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 65 kg
- In Pounds – 144 lbs
- Measurements – 36-28-36
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Fantasia became known as a R&B singer who won the 2004 season of the TV talent competition American Idol. In 2007, She was the youngest Idol winner until Jordin Sparks won at age seventeen. In 2014, She was inducted into the ‘North Carolina Music Hall of Fame’. Her single “I Believe” hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
In 2023, Barrino had her first film onscreen role in the movie, The Color Purple as Celie.
In 2004, Fantasia landed her first role in television by appearing as Contestant/Winner in the series, American Idol.
In 2004, Barrino gained fame when she won the American Idol title. She created history by becoming the youngest American Idol at the age of 19. She signed a contract with J Records and released her debut single, I Believe. This became the first debut single to debut at the number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100 list. The CD of the single was certified double platinum by the Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA). In November 2004, her debut studio album, Free Yourself was released.
Fantasia Barrino Net worth
Fantasia Barrino has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Fantasia Barrino
- Instagram – tasiasword
- Twitter – Fantasia Barrino
- YouTube Channel – Fantasia Barrino
Some Lesser Known Facts About Fantasia Barrino
- Barrino was born to Diane and Joseph Barrino and raised in High Point, North Carolina.
- She began singing at the age of five. R&B duo K-Ci & JoJo are her first cousins.Her uncles, The Barrino Brothers, were a 1970s R&B band.
- Fantasia became pregnant at 16, and on August 8, 2001, she gave birth to a daughter with her ex-boyfriend Brandel Shouse.
- In 2004, Barrino began her career as a singer winning the third season of American Idol. She won the competition at the age of 19 and became the youngest contestant to win the title.
- In 2005, she released her first album, Truth Is. Her single I Believe hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 that year.
- In 2005, Fantasia won the Vibe Music Award- R&B Voice of the Year. She received two Grammy nominations for her sophomore release, Fantasia.
- In 2006, she was nominated for three Grammy Awards for her debut album. She made her acting debut playing herself in the film based on her autobiography Life Is Not a Fairy Tale.
- In August 2010, she had overdosed on aspirin and an unknown sleep-inducing drug.
- She has won several awards including Billboard Music Awards- Top Selling Single of the Year, NAACP Image Award, ASCAP Rhythm and Soul Awards, NAACP Image Award, and BET Awards.
- In 2012, VH1 ranked her number 32 on their list of the 100 Greatest Women in Music. She has also been inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame.