Doutzen Kroes is a Dutch supermodel, actress, activist and philanthropist. She began her modelling career in 2003 in the Netherlands and quickly was sent by her agency to New York where she was cast by lingerie giant Victoria’s Secret. She became a Victoria’s Secret Angel for the brand in 2008. She has been a brand ambassador and spokesperson for L’Oréal Paris for over 10 years. Kroes has been in the top five of best-paid models with an estimated income of more than five million per year since 2008. In 2014, she came in second on the Forbes top earning models list estimated to have earned $8 million in one year. As of December 2015, she was ranked as one of the “New Supers”in the fashion industry and dubbed “Helen of Troy of advertising” by Models.com.
Doutzen Kroes (Pronounced as Doubts In Cruise)
Supermodel, Actress, Activist, Philanthropist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Doutzen Kroes was born on January 23, 1985 in Oostermeer, Friesland, Netherlands.
She’s currently 34 years old.
Though there is no sufficient information regarding her education, it looks like she has completed her school education before plunging into the modeling world.
- Father – Johan Kroes (Psychotherapist)
- Mother – Geartsje Leistra (Former teacher and nurse)
- Siblings – Rens Kroes (Younger Sister, Nutritionist)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Doutzen Kroes dated –
- Sunnery James (2010-Present)– Doutzen Kroes married Dutch DJ Sunnery James in Eastermar on November 7, 2010. The couple has two children together. She gave birth to their first child, a son Phyllon Joy Gorré on January 21, 2011 and gave birth to her second child, a daughter Myllena Mae Gorré on July 30, 2014. Both children were born in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- In feet – 5 feet 10.5 inches
- In centimeters – 179 cm
- In meters – 1.79 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 120 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Fashion Show Debut
Doutzen Kroes debuted in Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2004 as a model.
Doutzen had her first onscreen role in the 2011 Dutch movie, “Nova Zembla”, in which she played the role of Catharina Plancius. She has starred as Venelia in “Wonder Woman” and “Justice League”. Both movies released in 2017.
Her first television appearance was in the “The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show” in 2005. She also co-hosted four episodes of a Dutch TV show, RTL Boulevard between 2009 and 2011.
Doutzen has appeared in ad campaigns for 7 For All Mankind, Blumarine, Bottega Veneta, C&A, Calvin Klein, De Beers, Dolce & Gabbana, Epoca, Escada, GAP, Gucci Cruise, Guerlain, H&M, HUGO by Hugo Boss, La Senza, L’Oreal , Liverpool, Mexx, Neiman Marcus, Peek Cloppenburg, Pronovias, Repeat Cashmere, RMK makeup, Scapa, Saks, Schwarzkopf, Tiffany & Co., Tommy Hilfiger denim, Valentino, Valentino Garavani, Versace Menswear, Victoria’s Secret, Zara TRF, Zeki and many others.
Doutzen Kroes Favorites
- Favorite Food – Banana
- Favorite Perfume – Eternity by Calvin Klein
- Favorite L’Oreal Products – Elvive Nourish & Shimmer Highlights Shampoo
- Favorite Lipstick – Color Riche MADE FOR ME Lipstick in 253 Blush in Nude
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Beauty Product – Spray Glam Bronze Micro Fine Foundation Spray (For Legs)
Doutzen Kroes Net worth
Doutzen Kroes has a net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Doutzen Kroes
- Instagram – doutzen
- Twitter – Doutzen Kroes
Some Lesser Known Facts About Doutzen Kroes
- She aspired to be a professional speed skater when she was young because both her parents were speed skaters champion.
- She was a tomboy in her youth.
- She also hold the record for most Vogue covers in a single year with nine, including four prestigious international September covers in 2013.
- Kroes was named Model of the year in 2005 in a Vogue reader’s poll in 2005.
- She was ranked at #9 in the Top Sexiest Models list by models.com.
- She ranked #21 in the 2009 Askmen list of the top 99 “Most Desirable” women.
- She ranked #50 in the 2010 FHM UK list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- She was named as one of the “most desirable” famous women for 2013 in Askmen’s list of the Top 99 Most Desirable Women.
- She has a wax figure in Madame Tussaud’s museum in Amsterdam, Holland.