Dolly Parton is an American singer-songwriter, philanthropist, businesswoman, and actress, known primarily for her decades-long career in country music. After achieving success as a songwriter for others, Parton made her album debut in 1967 with Hello, I’m Dolly, which led to success during the remainder of the 1960s (both as a solo artist and with a series of duet albums with Porter Wagoner), before her sales and chart peak came during the 1970s and continued into the 1980s. Parton’s albums in the 1990s did not sell as well, but she achieved commercial success again in the new millennium and has released albums on various independent labels since 2000, including her own label, Dolly Records. As a versatile artist, Dolly has received at least one nomination from the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards, Tony Awards, and Emmy Awards.
Dolly Rebecca Parton
The Smoky Mountain Songbird, The Iron Butterfly, The Queen of Country, The Backwoods Barbie, The Queen of Nashville, The Book Lady, The Leading Lady of Country, Aunt Granny
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist, Record Producer, Actress, Businesswoman, Author, Philanthropist
Country, Country pop, Bluegrass, Gospel
Vocals, Guitar, Banjo, Saxophone, Piano, Flute
Goldband Records, Mercury, Monument, RCA Victor, Warner Bros., Columbia, Rising Tide, Decca, Sugar Hill, Dolly Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Dolly Parton was born on the 19th of January 1946, in Sevier County, Tennessee, United States.
She’s currently 77 years old.
She has English, German, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry.
Her educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Robert Lee Parton Sr. (Subsistence Farmer and Construction Worker)
- Mother – Avie Lee Caroline
- Siblings – Kane Kaneshiro (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dolly Parton has dated –
- Carl Thomas Dean (1966- Present) – On May 30, 1966, Dolly and businessman Carl Thomas Dean married in Ringgold, Georgia. The couple keeps a low profile and hardly appears together publicly. Expressing her pride in her married life, Dolly stated that it was the first and the last for both of them. On their 50th wedding anniversary on May 30, 2011, Dolly and Carl renewed their vows. The couple does not have children of their own.
- In feet – 5 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 152 cm
- In meters – 1.52 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 5.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Dolly became known for her phenomenal contribution in country music with around 40 top ten albums, 3,000 original compositions, including the popular hits like I Will Always Love You, Jolene, and Coat of Many Colors. She has more than 25 songs certified as Gold, Platinum, and Multi-Platinum.
On February 13, 1967, Parton released her full-length debut album Hello, I’m Dolly with Monument label. The album has 12 original tracks.
In 1980, Dolly had her first film onscreen role in the comedy film 9 to 5 as Doralee Rhodes.
In 1964, Parton landed her first role in television in the Show, The Early Morning Show.
Dolly has done endorsement work for several brands such as Visit Sevierville, Breeze Detergent, Golden Nugget, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, Tennessee Tourism.
Dolly Parton Net worth
Dolly Parton has an estimated net worth of $650 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Dolly Parton
- Instagram – dollyparton
- Twitter – Dolly Parton
- YouTube Channel – Dolly Parton
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dolly Parton
- Dolly was born in a one-room cabin on the banks of the Little Pigeon River in Pittman Center, Tennessee. She is the fourth of twelve children born to Avie Lee Caroline and Robert Lee Parton Sr.).
- Parton’s middle name comes from her maternal great-great-grandmother Rebecca (Dunn) Whitted. She grew up in an extremely poor household.
- Her first job was singing on the Cas Walker radio show in Knoxville, Tennessee at the age of 10.
- In 1995, Dolly Imagination Library was launched as a part of The Dolly Foundation, which mails free books to children who are enrolled in the programme till the age of 5 years. The Dolly Foundation was formed to provide scholarships to local students in high school.
- In 1986, the Rebel Railroad Park re-opened as Dollywood Amusement Park with a joint partnership between Dolly Parton and Herschend Family Entertainment in Knoxville-Smoky Mountains, Tennessee.
- In 2005, she was honored by the US government for her contribution in the field of arts with the National Medal of Arts.
- In 2007, Dolly started the Dolly Records with the intention to gain larger marketing deals.
- She has also authored numerous books including Coat of Many Colors (2016), Dream More: Celebrate the Dreamer in You (2012), and I Am a Rainbow (2009).
- In 2018, she was added in the Guinness World Records for ‘Most Decades with a Top 20 hit on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Chart’, and ‘Most Hits on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Chart by a Female Artist.’
- The first cloned sheep ‘Dolly’ was named after her in reference to her rare breast implant.
- In February 2022, she was announced as the host of the Academy of Country Music Awards.
- In November 2023, Dolly released her first rock album titled, Rockstar.