Damon Dash is an American entrepreneur, movie producer, director, and record executive. Dash is best known as co-founder of Roc-A-Fella along with Jay-Z and Kareem Burke, he was widely regarded as one of the most famous hip-hop moguls in his heydays. Dash’s ambitious project with Victoria Beckham helped him gain immense popularity in Europe.
Damon Anthony Dash
Record Producer, Entrepreneur, Record Executive, Music Manager, Media Proprietor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Damon Dash was born on the 3rd of May 1971, in New York City, United States.
He’s currently 51 years old.
He has African-American ancestry.
His educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Damon Dash has dated –
- Aaliyah (2000-2001) – Dash met R&B singer Aaliyah in New York City in the summer of 2000 through his accountant, and dated her until her death on August 25, 2001, in a plane crash in The Bahamas. Though they were not formally engaged, in interviews given after Aaliyah’s death, Dash stated that the couple had planned to marry.
- Rachel Roy (2005–2009) – In 2005, Dash married fashion designer Rachel Roy, They met when she was working as an intern at Rocawear. Together they have two daughters, Ava Dash (born December 7, 1999) and Tallulah Dash (born May 14, 2008). Following their divorce in 2009, they had a bitter custody battle.
- Raquel Horn (2015–Present) – Dash and his fiancée Raquel Horn have a son, Dusko Dash, born on November 14, 2020.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
He wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Damon became known for co-founding the record label, Roc-A-Fella with Kareem Burke and Jay-Z, he was widely regarded as one of the most famous hip-hop moguls in his heydays. At one time, he was owner of a hip-hop fashion label, a music label, a movie production house, a footwear brand, a swiss watch company, a boxing promotion partnership, and an art gallery!
Damon Dash Net worth
Damon Dash has an estimated net worth of $250k dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – duskopoppington
- Twitter – Damon Dash
Some Lesser Known Facts About Damon Dash
- Damon was born and brought up in New York City.
- He lost his mother at the age of 15. As a teenager, he sold newspapers and swept the local Harlem barbershop floors to buy clothing and sneakers; learned to “hustle” from a young age, as he likes to put it.
- In 1999, Dash served as Jay-Z’s manager and business partner at Roc-A-Fella Records, and he organized a tour for Jay-Z which made $19 million.
- The first was when Roc-A-Fella Records was purchased by Def Jam Recordings (which had previously only owned half of the company) in 2004, after which Jay-Z agreed to take a job as Def Jam’s president. Then, in late 2005, Jay-Z bought Dash out of his stake in Rocawear.
- He also founded a media collective, DD172, which encompassed a magazine (America Nu), record label (BluRoc Records), a web design company (VNGRD79) and an art gallery.
- In April 2014, Dash is involved with Blind Debit, a fingerprint payment application being developed by Dez White.
- In April 2015, Dash’s ex-wife, Rachel Roy, accused him of domestic abuse and filed for a restraining order.
- In 2018, he settled a suit he filed against director Lee Daniels requesting $5 million to recoup a $2 million investment with interest.
- In November 2019, Damon was arrested, when appearing for an unrelated case at the New York City Federal Court, for failing to pay more than $400,000 in child support money to two different claimants. It is said that Damon Dash had to pay close to $1 million to secure his release.