Claire Danes is an American actress. She is the recipient of three Emmy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. Danes gained early recognition as Angela Chase in the 1994 teen drama series My So-Called Life. The role won her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress and a Primetime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. In 2012, Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Claire Catherine Danes
Birthday / Date of Birth
Claire Danes was born on April 12, 1979, in Manhattan, New York, United States.
She’s currently 40 years old.
West Village, Manhattan, New York, United States
Danes went to Dalton School and New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies in New York City. She also attended Professional Performing Arts School and the Lycée Français de Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California. In 1998, Danes began studies at Yale University to major in psychology but she dropped out to focus on her film career.
- Father – Christopher Danes (Computer consultant and former architectural photographer)
- Mother – Carla (née Hall) Danes (Day-care provider, textile designer and painter)
- Siblings – Asa Danes (Older Brother) (b. 1973) (Corporate Lawyer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Claire Danes has dated –
- Andrew Dorff (1997) – Claire briefly dated vocalist, Andrew Dorff in 1997.
- Ben Lee (1997-2003) – Australian singer, Ben Lee and actress Danes met for the first time during a birthday party in 1997. They started dating after their first meeting only. She had a 6-year long relationship with Ben. They finally separated in 2003 as Claire Danes found Billy.
- Billy Crudup (2004-2006) – Actor Billy and Claire were romantically linked for three years from 2004 to December 2006. Billy left his pregnant girlfriend Mary-Louise Parker for Danes. Billy, who is 11 years older than Claire ended his relationship with her, when it came into light that Claire is cheating on him with her Evening (2007) co-star Hugh Dancy.
- Hugh Dancy (2007-Present) – Since 2007, Claire is in a relationship with English actor Hugh Dancy. After commencing dating in 2007, the pair engaged in February 2009 and married in early September 2009 in France in a secret ceremony. Claire gave birth to their first child a son named, Cyrus Michael Christopher Dancy (b. December 17, 2012).
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
In 1995, she appeared in How to make an American Quilt and she was also got the lead role as Juliet, with Leonardo DiCaprio in Romeo + Juliet, in 1996.
She debuted with 1994 American drama film Little Women for her role as Beth March.
In 1992, Claire guest appeared in police procedural drama series Law & Order for her role as Tracy Brandt in an episode titled Skin Deep.
She had participated in Gucci’s jewelry ad campaign in 2008 and Casio (2013).
Claire Danes Favorites
- Favorite Books – Grace: A Memoir by Grace Coddington
- Favorite Movies – Fargo (1996), Footloose (1984), The Breakfast Club (1985)
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Alexander McQueen, Narciso Rodriguez, Zac Posen
- Favorite Place – Montauk, New York
Claire Danes Net worth
Claire Danes has a estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – clairedanes
Some Lesser Known Facts About Claire Danes
- Danes started studying dance when she was six years old.
- She started acting at the age of 12.
- She likes surfing, gymnastics and dancing.
- Her first major breakthrough was in the hit television drama series, My So Called Life as Angela Chase. She was nominated for numerous awards and won the prestigious Golden Globe Award for role in this series.
- She is good friends with actor and musician Jason Schwartzman.
- In 1994, she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for the series, My So Called Life. .
- In 1996, she won the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards for Favorite Actress as Juliet is Romeo + Juliet.
- In 1997, Danes wrote an introduction to Neil Gaiman’s Death: The Time of Your Life.
- She has two pets- a poodle dog named Ouija and a cat named Fifi-Champion.
- Actress Morena Baccarin was her classmate at NYC Lab School for Collaborative Studies.
- She was first considered for the title role in Lolita (1997), which was later given to Dominique Swain.
- Claire also auditioned for the role of Rose in the film Titanic (1997). She was also in the top list for that role but again this role was finally offered to Kate Winslet, which she accepted.
- In 2010, she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress for Temple Grandin.
- In 2011, she returned to the world of television with another hit American series, Homeland where she played the role of a CIA agent.
- In January 2012, Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals named Danes their 2012 Woman of the Year.
- In 2012, Danes’s audiobook recording of Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale was released at Audible.com. Her performance won the 2013 Audie Award for fiction.
- In 2013, she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for the series, Homeland.
- In 2015, Danes was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In March 2016, Danes performed in Dry Powder by Sarah Burgess at The Public Theater, starring alongside John Krasinski, Hank Azaria and Sanjit De Silva.