Bindi Irwin is an Australian television personality, conservationist and zoo operator. When she was 9, Irwin hosted Bindi the Jungle Girl, a children’s wildlife documentary TV series. She has also been involved in acting, singing, dancing, game show hosting and has created two instructional fitness DVDs. She is also known for winning season 21 of Dancing with the Stars (US).
Bindi is the elder of the two children of the late conservationist & television personality Steve Irwin and his conservationist wife, Terri Irwin, who is currently the owner of Australia Zoo. Bindi currently stars alongside her mother Terri and her younger brother Robert in Crikey! It’s the Irwins.
Bindi Sue Irwin
Actress, TV Personality, Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Bindi Irwin was born on the 24th of July 1998, in Buderim, Queensland, Australia.
She’s currently 22 years old.
She has English and Irish ancestry.
Irwin was homeschooled at Australia Zoo. Later, she enrolled at TAFE Queensland East Coast. She has completed a Certificate III in Business and is currently studying for a Certificate III in Tourism.
- Father – Steve Irwin (Naturalist, TV Personality, Zoologist, Conservationist)
- Mother – Terri Irwin (Naturalist, Zoologist, Conservationist)
- Siblings – Robert Irwin (Younger Brother) (TV Personality)
- Relatives – Robert “Bob” Irwin (Grandfather), Lyn Irwin (Grandmother), Judy Raines (Grandmother), Clarence Raines (Grandfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bindi Irwin has dated –
- Chandler Powell (2015-Present) – In 2015, Bindi began dating American professional wakeboarder Chandler Powell. She got engaged to Chandler on her 21st birthday on July 24, 2019. On 25 March 2020, they married in a private ceremony at Australia Zoo. On 11 August 2020, Irwin announced via Instagram that she and Powell were expecting their first child together in 2021. On 22 September 2020, they revealed that they are expecting a girl.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 158 cm
- In meters – 1.58 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Bindi is best known as the daughter of the well-known zoologist, naturalist and Television personality, Steve Irwin who lost his life after he got stung in the chest by a stingray barb.
In 2010, Irwin first appeared in the direct-to-video family film, Free Willy: Escape from Pirate’s Cove as Kirra Cooper.
In 27 November 2006, Bindi released her debut album Bindi Kid Fitness with Steve Irwin and The Crocmen.
In 2017, Bindi released her first single, Trouble in the Jungle.
In 2007, Bindi landed her first television appearance when she played as herself in the children’s television nature documentary series, Bindi the Jungle Girl.
In 2014, Bindi became an ambassador for SeaWorld.
Bindi Irwin Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Holland
- Favorite Actress – Emma Watson
- Favorite Singer – Miley Cyrus
- Favorite Animal – Echidnas
- Favorite Color – White
- Favorite Food – Chocolate, Swedish Meatballs
Bindi Irwin Net worth
Bindi Irwin has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bindi Irwin
- Bindi actually means “young girl” in the Aboriginal language.
- She first appeared in a TV show when she was two.
- She had always guest appeared in her father’s television shows on a regular basis.
- After the death of her father, Bindi and her mother Terri said that they will continue Steve’s work in exploring nature and the life of the animals.
- In September 2006, at age 8, Irwin appeared on the cover of the Australian magazine New Idea, the youngest person to have done so in the magazine’s 104-year history.
- In June 2007, Irwin hosted a US television special about her father called My Daddy the Crocodile Hunter.
- In November 2007, Bindi appeared with her mother Terri in the 81st Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and performed songs from her album Trouble in the Jungle with The Crocmen on a jungle animal float.
- In May 2008, Irwin won the Most Popular New Female Talent Logie Award.
- In 2012, Bindi hosted a wildlife-themed game show called Bindi’s Bootcamp.
- In 2012, Irwin appeared as Sunday Clovers on the episode “Mirror rorriM” of the Canadian television series, My Babysitter’s a Vampire.
- In March 2014, Bindi appeared on Good Morning America with her family, where she announced a partnership with animal theme park company SeaWorld.
- In October 2014, Irwin was awarded Young Conservationist of the Year by the Australian Geographic Society.
- In 2015, she participated in the season 21 of dance competition show Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with choreographer Derek Hough.
- In April 2019, Bindi appeared as a guest judge during week 7 of Australian Dancing with the Stars season 16.