Aparna Balamurali is an American actress who primarily works in Malayalam films, in addition to Tamil films. She is known for her roles in Maheshinte Prathikaaram, Sunday Holiday and Soorarai Pottru. For her performance in the last of these, she won the National Film Award for Best Actress. Aparna is a trained classical dancer in different styles such as Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattam and Kuchipudi. Aparna has modelled for many designers and fashion magazines. Asiavision Awards titled Aparna Balamurali as a New sensation in Acting for Oru Second Class Yathra. On 7 August 2022, Aparna unveiled the logo for the CROSSROADS 2022 edition at the Young Architects Festival 2021, which was hosted by the Indian Institute of Architects, Calicut Centre.
Actress, Classical Dancer, Playback Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Aparna Balamurali was born on the 11th of September 1995, in Thrissur, Kerala, India.
She’s currently 28 years old.
She has Indian ancestry.
Balamurali attended the Global Institute of Architecture in Palakkad and studied architecture. She has also been trained in Indian classical music and classical dance styles such as Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattam, and Kuchipudi.
- Father – K. P. Balamurali (Musician)
- Mother – Sobha Thekke Adiyat (Musician)
- Siblings – Vishnu Parayil (Older Brother) (Entrepreneur), Karthika Vaidyanathan (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aparna Balamurali has dated –
Aparna has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 66 kg
- In Pounds – 146 lbs
- Measurements – 36-32-38
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
- Hip – 38 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Aparna became known as an Indian actress, classical dancer, and playback singer who has mostly worked in Malayalam and Tamil cinema. She is known for playing Sumathi in Theethum Nandrum, Jimsy Augustine in Maheshinte Prathikaaram, Sundari (Bommi) in Soorarai Pottru, Anu in Sunday Holiday, Amritha Unnikrishnan in Oru Second Class Yathra, Achama Varghese in Kamuki, Chaachante Muth in Jeem Boom Bhaa, Poornima in Mr. & Ms. Rowdy, Priya in B. Tech, Anupama Neelakandan in Sarvopari Palakkaran, and Sara in Sarvam Thaala Mayam.
In 2015, Balamurali had her first film onscreen role in the Malayalam movie, Oru Second Class Yathra as Amritha Unnikrishnan and she made her theatrical film debut as Meera in the crime thriller movie, 8 Thottakkal (2016).
In 2016, Aparna debuted as a singer with the Malyalam song Mounangal Mindumoree and continued with more Malyalam songs like Thennal Nilavinte for film Oru Muthassi Gadha, Vinnil Theliyum Meghame in film Pa Va, Mazha Paadum in film Sunday Holiday, and Mannippaya Ena Ketkadhe in the film 8 Thottakkal. After which, she performed Veyil Choodam and Ninnil ninnum Njan.
Through her presence on social media, Balamurali has done endorsement work for several brands including Vilvah, Daniel Wellington, and RAW MANGO.
Aparna Balamurali Net worth
Aparna Balamurali has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aparna Balamurali
- Aparna was born and brought up in a well-settled family in Thrissur, Kerala, India to KP Balamurali, a music director and Shobha Balamurali .
- Since childhood, she was inclined towards acting and singing and always wanted to be a successful actress and playback singer in the entertainment industry.
- She was 18 years old when she started her acting career.
- In 2013, she made her acting debut with the Malayalam language film, Yathra Thudarunnu.
- In 2015, Aparna’s debut movie Oru Second Class Yathra was released. She then played the role of a college student, in Maheshinte Prathikaaram (2016), which is considered her breakthrough film.
- She made her Tamil debut in 8 Thottakkal (2017). She played in Sunday Holiday (2017) and Thrissivaperoor Kliptham (2017).
- In 2018, Aparna Sarvam Thaala Mayam was her first step in the Telugu Industry.
- Besides this, she also pursued her career in Music and gave songs like Mounangal Mindumoree, Thennal Nilavinte and Thanthane.
- In 2022, On winning the Best Actress Award at National Film Awards for the movie Soorarai Pottru she expressed her gratitude to Sudha Kongara Prasad, Director and Screenwriter of the film Soorarai Pottru.