Daniel Hernandez known professionally as 6ix9ine (stylized 6IX9INE and pronounced “six nine”) and also as Tekashi69, is an American rapper. His music has been marked by an aggressive style of rapping, while his controversial public persona is characterized by his distinctive rainbow-colored hair, extensive tattoos, legal issues, and publicized celebrity feuds. In 2017, Hernandez became widely known after his feature on Trippie Redd’s “Poles 1469” and the release of his debut solo single, “Gummo”, which was a sleeper hit. “Fefe” (with Nicki Minaj and Murda Beatz), the second single from his debut album Dummy Boy, peaked at number three on the Hot 100. Despite negative critical reception, Dummy Boy peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 and was certified platinum by the RIAA. Daniel second album, TattleTales, debuted at number four on the US Billboard 200.
6IX9INE, Teka$hi69, Tekashi69, Rainbow Rapper, Teka$hi 6ix9ine, Tekashi
Hip Hop, Punk, Rock and Roll, Heavy metal, Dark Metal
Scumgang, Universal Music Group, Caroline Distribution, FCK THEM, Elliot Grainge Entertainment
Birthday / Date of Birth
6ix9ine was born on the 8th of May 1996, in Bushwick, Brooklyn, United States.
He’s currently 27 years old.
He is of Mexican descent on his mother’s side and Puerto Rican descent on his father’s side.
Daniel left school in the 8th grade when he was expelled.
- Father – Daniel Hernandez Sr. (Baseball and Soccer Player)
- Mother – Natividad Perez-Hernandez (Factory worker and House cleaner)
- Siblings – Oscar Osiris (Older Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
6ix9ine has dated –
- Leezah (2017-2018) – In 2017, Hernandez started dating the beautiful bottle service girl who has worked at the NY’s Starlet’s Gentleman’s club. The couple also went on a vacation to Leezah’s hometown in the Dominican Republic. Daniel has loved Leezah and his daughter to the core and said he did not want money but only his family to be happy. However, they later separated.
- Jade (2018-Present) – In November 2018, Daniel and Instagram star Jade aka OhSoYouJade started dating each other. She has also appeared in 6ix9ine’s song GOOBA as a backing dancer. She later got his face tattooed on her chest. In August 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together.
N.P- 6ix9ine has a daughter and the child’s mother’s identity has been kept under wraps.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
Dark Brown (Natural)
He prefers dyeing those in rainbow shade
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
6ix9ine became known as Tekashi69 whose 2017 songs Exodia, Go Crazy, Oweee and Zeta Zero 0.5 helped establish him as a rap artist. In 2017, his song Gummo would go Platinum The album reached the Top 20 of Genius Top Songs Chart. In 2018, he collaborated with Nicki Minaj on the hit song, FEFE.
In August 2014, Tekashi released his first song Day69.The album peaked at #4 on Billboard 200 charts and at #5 on Canadian Albums Chart. After his release from prison in May 2020, he broke the YouTube record for the biggest 24-hour debut in rap.
6ix9ine has endorsed the following brands, The artist signed a $4.9 million contract with Tunes headphone. A part of the profits that the company earns would go towards helping the underprivileged kids. He got his own personal line of headphones in red color. He sells his own merch @6ix9ineshop.com, the collection of which includes hoodies, t-shirts, and autographed Vinyl and digital albums.
6ix9ine Net worth
6ix9ine has an estimated net worth of $650K dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About 6ix9ine
- 6ix9ine was born and raised in New York City, United States. His father Daniel used to play baseball and soccer during his school days. His mother was from mexico and came to United States for job oppurtinies.
- Hernandez did not know his father until he was 9 years old and had only a brief relationship with him. Hernandez’s mother told him he was dead, according to Hernandez’s father.
- He started his music career by collaborating with Bodega Bamz. He made name by uploading his songs on the platforms such as SoundCloud and YouTube.
- Hernandez found his first fanbase in Slovakia and many of his first songs were released under the Slovakian label FCK THEM.
- Famous Dex was featured on his single Zeta Zero 0.5. He took the pseudonym Tekashi from a tattoo artist he used to frequent in his neighborhood growing up.
- He belongs to a place where there are two gangs called ‘Bloods’ and ‘Crips’. Both the gangs are territorial in nature and the artist takes an interesting stand where he says both groups are his homies.
- On October 8, 2017, his breakout single Gummo was released. it made to number 12 on the Billboard Top 100 and brought him immense name and fame. This track produced by Pi´erre Bourne, has recorded over 100 million views on YouTube.
- His style of rapping is described as full-throated and aggressive. Earlier he was signed with EG Entertainment, a subsidiary of Universal Music Group.
- In March 2023, 6ix9ine was hospitalized after he was allegedly attacked inside a gym in South Florida. It was reported that he was inside the sauna when a group of men attacked him.