Zehra Güneş is a Turkish professional volleyball player. She plays in the middle blocker position. Currently, Güneş plays for Vakıfbank Istanbul and is a member of the Turkey women’s national volleyball team. In the 2017–18 season, Zehra won her first league championship with Vakfbank Istanbul. In the 2017–18 Vestel Venus Sultans League, she received the Vestel Special Prize. She was a member of the Vakfbank Istanbul team that won the CEV Women’s Champions League. In 2015, she competed European Youth Summer Olympic Festival, which was held in Georgia. In 2020, Zehra participated in the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics and finished in fifth place.
Professional Volleyball Player
18-Turkey’s Women’s National Volleyball Team
Birthday / Date of Birth
Zehra Güneş was born on the 7th of July 1999, in Kartal, Istanbul, Turkey.
She’s currently 24 years old.
She has Turkish ancestry.
Zehra studied at High School in Kartal, Turkey.
- Father – Gunner Gunes
- Mother – Agnes Gunes
- Siblings – Mina Gunes (Sister) (Work at Vakifbank Sports Club), Irem Gunes (Sister) (Work at Vakifbank Sports Club)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zehra Güneş has dated –
- Eren Ali Disli – In May 2022, Zehra was in a relationship with Eren Ali Disli. But in December 2022, news broke out that the couple has parted ways and deleted the photos taken together on their respective Instagram accounts.
- In feet – 6 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 197 cm
- In meters – 1.97 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
- Measurements – 34-30-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 14.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Zehra became known as a Turkish professional volleyball player who plays for VakıfBank Sports Club and the Turkish women’s national volleyball team. She plays in the middle blocker position. For the 2016-17 season, She has also played for Beşiktaş JK. She was active as a junior and played in the under-18 division for the Turkish national team. She is very popular on Instagram and boasts a following of 3.6 million.
In 2016–17 Turkish Women’s Volleyball League season, Güneş was loaned out to Beşiktaş J.K., another women’s volleyball team. The next season, she returned to her home club. She enjoyed her first league champion title in the 2017–18 season with Vakıfbank Istanbul. She was awarded the Vestel Special Prize of the 2017–18 Vestel Venus Sultans League, which is the Turkish top-level volleyball league sponsored by Vestel. At the 2017–18, Zehra participated CEV Women’s Champions League with her team Vakıfbank Istanbul, which became champion.
At the 2015, Güneş played European Youth Summer Olympic Festival held in Georgia. She took part at the 2015 FIVB Volleyball Girls’ U18 World Championship in Peru, and was awarded the Best Middle Blocker title. Güneş played at the 2016 FIVB World Grand Prix. She was a member of the Turkey women’s U20 team, and took part at the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Women’s U20 World Championship in Mexico, where she was named one of the Best Middle Blockers. She played for the Turkey women’s U23 team at the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Women’s U23 World Championship in Slovenia, where her team won a champion title.
In January 2017, Zehra was invited to the Turkey women’s team, and in March 2018, was admitted to the team. She played at the very first 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women’s Nations League as part of the Turkish team, which won silver. Zehra was also part of the Turkish squad at the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics, which finished in fifth place.
In 1991, Güneş landed her first role in television by appearing as Self in the series, FIVB Volleyball Women’s Club World Championship.
Zehra Güneş Net worth
Zehra Güneş has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zehra Güneş
- Zehra was born in Kartal, Istanbul, Turkey to her parents Gunnar Gunes and Agnes Gunes.
- She has two sisters, Mina Gunes and Irem Gunes. Both of them work at Vakifbank Sports Club.
- Güneş is a Turkish professional volleyball player. She plays in the middle blocker position. She commenced her volleyball journey at Vakifbank when she was 12 years old.
- In 2015, she began her professional sports career by becoming a member of the Turkey Girls’ U18 National team.
- In 2015, she participated in the 2015 FIVB Volleyball Girls’ U18 World Championship in Peru.
- At that time, she was awarded the title of Best Middle Blocker. In the same year, she also participated in the 2015 European Youth Summer Olympic Festival in Georgia.
- In 2017, she was also a participant in the 2017-18 CEV Women’s Champions League and achieved victory by clinching the championship title.
- For the first time, in the 2018, as a part of the Turkish team, she participated FIVB Volleyball Women’s Nations League. At that time, her team won the silver.
- As per numerous references, she is regarded as one of the most attractive female volleyball athletes globally.
- In 2020, Zehra participated in the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics and finished in fifth place.