Yo Gotti is an American rapper, songwriter, and record executive. In 1996, he released his debut album Youngsta’s On a Come Up under the alias Lil Yo. He went on to release From Da Dope Game 2 Da Rap Game, Self-Explanatory, Life, Back 2 da Basics, Live from the Kitchen, I Am, The Art of Hustle, I Still Am, Untrapped and CM10: Free Game. Gotti is the founder of the record label Collective Music Group, which has signed successful acts such as Moneybagg Yo, 42 Dugg, Blac Youngsta, EST Gee And Mozzy.
Mario Sentell Giden Mims
Yo Gotti, Lil Yo, Big Gotti
Rapper, Songwriter, Record Executive
Collective, Epic Records (Former), Roc Nation, Sony Music, CMG, Inevitable II, RCA Records (Former), Polo Grounds (Former), J Records (Former), TVT Records (Former), Inevitable (Former)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Yo Gotti was born on the 19th of May 1981, in Memphis, Tennessee, United States.
He’s currently 41 years old.
Gotti wanted to attend Tennessee State University but his application was rejected. So, he instead got enrolled at the Southwest Tennessee Community College with an intention of eventually getting transferred to Tennessee State. However, he had to drop out to focus on his rap career.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Geraldine Mims
- Siblings – Anthony Mims (Older Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yo Gotti has dated –
- Lakeisha Mims – Gotti was reportedly married to Lakeisha Mims (with whom he has 2 children) but later applied for divorce.
- Jammie Moses – Yo was into a relationship with Jammie Moses and they were blessed with three children but they too are said to have gone separate ways but their current status is unknown.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
He wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Yo became known after the success of his 7th studio album, The Art of Hustle, which managed to sneak into the 4th position on the Billboard 200. he critical acclaim garnered by his studio album, I Am, which managed to bag the best album of the year nomination at BET Hip Hop Awards. He also having collaborated with well-known artists such as Meghan Trainor, Nicki Minaj, and Lil Wayne.
In 1996, Gotti released his debut studio album, Youngsta’s on a Come Up in the cassette format. It didn’t chart anywhere.
In 2011, Yo made his film debut in a guest role in the drama flick, Video Girl.
In August 2009, Gotti made his first TV show appearance as himself in the New Faces of Hip Hop episode of the music TV series, Check It Out! Video.
Yo has done endorsement work for several brands such as Childsplay Clothing, Hood America, PRIVE Restaurant & Lounge, Pure Atlanta, Rocksmith Clothing.
Yo Gotti Net worth
Yo Gotti has an estimated net worth of $16 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yo Gotti
- Yo grew up in Ridgecrest Apartments in the Frayser neighborhood of Memphis, Tennessee.
- He began his music career around the age of 14, rapping as Lil Yo, affiliated with DJ Sound and his crew.
- In January 2012, Gotti released his major label debut studio album Live From The Kitchen after several delays. 5 Star the album’s original first single, was released in May 2009.
- In February 2016, Yo released the official cover art for both the standard and deluxe versions of The Art of Hustle and the release date of the album.
- In June 2017, he released a collaborative mixtape with record producer Mike Will Made It, titled Gotti Made-It.
- In 2017, he developed a beef with fellow rapper Young Dolph after he rapped about sleeping with Gotti’s baby mama.
- Gotti is a founder of the record label, Collective Music Group (CMG), which was earlier called Cocaine Muzik Group. He is the CEO and president of the label.
- In 2022, CMG had already signed artists such as Mozzy, Blac Youngsta, Blocboy JB, EST Gee, 42 Dugg, Moneybagg Yo, and many others.
- In July 2022, Yo signed GloRilla (famous for FNF) to his record label Collective Music Group (CMG). GloRilla became the 5th artist to sign with CMG (2022).