Sun Li is a Chinese actress. She is hailed by critics and netizens as China’s Queen of Television. She became the youngest Chinese actress to win the Grand Slam, after winning the three biggest awards, the Flying Apsaras Awards, Golden Eagle Awards & the Magnolia Awards. In 2018, Sun starred in Zhang Yimou’s historical film, Shadow as the female lead. Sun ranked 22nd on Forbes China Celebrity 100 list in 2013, 30th in 2014, 6th in 2015, 13th in 2017 and 22nd in 2019.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sun Li was born on the 26th of September 1982, in Shanghai, China.
She’s currently 37 years old.
Her educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Sun Zhihong
- Mother – Lifang Deng
- Siblings – Sun Yan (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sun Li has dated –
- Deng Chao (2010-Present) – In 2010, Sun and actor Deng Chao registered their marriage and held an official wedding ceremony in 2011 when she was five months pregnant. They have two children a son named Deng Han Zhi (born in November 2011) and a daughter named Deng Han Yi (born in May 2014).
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 32-24-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Sun Known as an independent mother in Hot Mom! (2013). She is famous for her roles in Devil and Angel (2015) & Shadow (2018). Sun won the Best Actress award at the 20th Shanghai Television Festival.
In 2006, Sun made her first acting debut as Yue Ci (Moon) in Chinese-Hong Kong martial arts film, Fearless directed by directed by Ronny Yu.
In 2001, Sun landed her first role in television by appearing as Dancer in the television period drama series, Romance in the Rain.
Awards & Nominations
|2004||24th Flying Apsaras Awards||Outstanding Actress||Goddess of Mercy||Nominated|
|22nd China TV Golden Eagle Award||Audience’s Choice for Actress||Won|
|Most Popular Actress||Won|
|2005||14th Chunyan Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2006||28th Hundred Flowers Awards||Best Newcomer||Fearless||Won|
|2007||2nd Hong Kong Film Directors’ Guild Awards||Best Newcomer||Won|
|26th Hong Kong Film Awards||Best New Performer||Nominated|
|13th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||Shanghai Bund||Nominated|
|26th Flying Apsaras Awards||Outstanding Actress||Nominated|
|2008||2nd Roma FictionFest||Best Actress||Iron Road||Won|
|24th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Audience’s Choice for Actress||Yi Shi Qing Yuan||Nominated|
|2009||27th Flying Apsaras Awards||60th Anniversary Outstanding Contribution Award||N/A||Won|
|28th Hong Kong Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Painted Skin||Nominated|
|2nd Iron Elephant Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|27th Golden Rooster Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2010||30th Hundred Flowers Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|25th Gemini Awards||Best Actress||Iron Road||Won|
|2011||3rd Macau International Movie Festival||Best Actress||The Lost Bladesman||Nominated|
|2012||18th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||Empresses in the Palace||Nominated|
|3rd Macau International Television Festival||Best Actress||Won|
|4th China TV Drama Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2013||41st International Emmy Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2014||2nd Asia Rainbow TV Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|20th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||Hot Mom!||Won|
|13th Huading Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|27th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Audience’s Choice for Actress||Won|
|10th China Golden Eagle TV Arts Festival||Most Popular Actress||Won|
|2016||22nd Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||The Legend of Mi Yue||Won|
|3rd Asia Rainbow TV Awards||Best Actress (Ancient Drama)||Nominated|
|2018||31st Flying Apsaras Awards||Outstanding Actress||Nothing Gold Can Stay||Won|
|24th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||Nominated|
|29th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Best Actress||Nominated|
|55th Golden Horse Film Festival and Awards||Best Leading Actress||Shadow||Nominated|
Sun Li Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Sun Li Net worth
Sun Li has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
She doesn’t any social media profiles.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sun Li
- Sun was crowned Best Actress at the 2nd Roma FictionFest and the 25th Gemini Awards.
- Sun became the youngest Chinese actress to win the Grand Slam after winning the three biggest awards, the Flying Apsaras Awards and Golden Eagle Awards and the Magnolia Awards.
- Sun received overwhelmingly positive feedback from audiences for her portrayal of An Xin and rose to fame in China as one of the most promising young actresses.
- She starred in Gao Xixi’s military-romance drama Tian Mi Mi.
- In 2006, Sun won the Best Newcomer award at the 28th Hundred Flowers Awards for her performance in Huo Yuanjia co-starring Jet Li.
- In 2007, Sun then starred alongside Huang Xiaoming in Shanghai Bund a mainland remake of the 1980 television series The Bund.
- In 2008, she starred in Gordon Chan’s horror-adventure film Painted Skin and was nominated for the Best Supporting Actress award for her performance as a young.
- In 2009, Sun played the title character in the television series, Auntie Duohe based on the novel of the same name by acclaimed writer Geling Yan.
- In 2015, she played Queen Dowager Xuan, the first stateswoman in China, in historical drama The Legend of Mi Yue.
- In 2017, Sun played the lead character in the period drama Nothing Gold Can Stay, based off a real-life story of Zhou Ying.
- In 2018, Sun starred in Zhang Yimou’s historical film, Shadow as the female lead.
- In 2019, Sun was cast in the drama I Will Find You a Better Home as a star property agent.