Steve Green is an American Christian music singer, notable for his tenor vocal range and flexible solo style. Over his 35-year career, he has been honored as a four-time Grammy Award nominee, seven-time Dove Award winner. In 2017, he was inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. Steve has had 13 No. 1 songs and has sold over three million albums.
Contemporary Christian, Inspirational
Birthday / Date of Birth
Steve Green was born on 1st of August, 1956, in Portland, Oregon.
He is currently 66 years old.
Steve attended Phoenix Christian High School in the early 1970s when his family was in the U.S. and graduated from there in 1974. At 18, he enrolled at Grand Canyon University.
- Father – Charles
- Mother – Jo Green
- Siblings – Barbara Green
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steve Green has dated –
- Marijean Green – Steve is married to Marijean McCarly, whose own vocal qualities complemented her husband’s on the song “Household of Faith” on the For God And God Alone album and in subsequent appearances. The couple have blessed with have two children, Summer (1984) and Josiah (1986).
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
Steve is the best known for song He Holds the Keys (1985), which earned him the Dove Award for Male Vocalist of the Year in the Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) category. In the early part of his solo career, he was known for crescendo-building, high-note endings.
In 1980, Green joined Gary McSpadden, Lee Young and Bill Gaither to form the Gaither Vocal Band. Green sang tenor for their debut albums, The New Gaither Vocal Band and Passin’ the Faith Along. In 1984, Steve signed a solo contract with Sparrow Records, and released his self-titled debut album.
Steve Green Net worth
Steve Green has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Steve Green
Some Lesser Known Facts About Steve Green
- Steve was born to Baptist missionary parents named Charles and Jo Green and is one of 6 siblings.
- Green bilingual abilities have seen the release of seven Spanish CDs in the United States.
- He has expanded his musical ministry to include videos and James Dobson’s Focus on the Family.
- In 1982, Steve and Gaither’s musicians formed the Christian rock band White Heart.
- In 1988, he released an album dedicated to his parents, called Find Us Faithful. By the end of 1980s, many of Green’s songs had become recognized standards, including People Need the Lord and Broken and Spilled Out.
- He was often considered the male version of Sandi Patty, using many of the same songwriters and styles as well as the traditional ending of the song on a (literal) high note.
- Steve contributed background vocals to Patty’s 1986 hit Let There Be Praise.
- In 2007, Green released his last non-compilation album under the Sparrow label, Always: Songs of Worship.
- In 2010, Steve released Love Will Find a Way, his first release through Steve Green Ministries. The album featured David Phelps on the track God is Love.
- In 2012, Green released two albums, Rest in the Wonder and Christmas. Green stated, “Rest in the Wonder is a declaration of absolute trust in God, fiercely holding to what we know for certain and reverently worshiping the One whose ways are higher than our ways and whose thoughts are higher than our thoughts”.