Sergio Agüero is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a striker for Premier League club Manchester City and the Argentine national team. Agüero began his career at Independiente. On 5 July 2003, he became the youngest player to play in the Argentine Primera División on his debut at 15 years and 35 days, breaking the record previously established by Diego Maradona in 1976. In 2006, he moved to Europe to play for La Liga Side Atlético Madrid, for a transfer fee of €23 million and made a name for himself, attracting attention from Europe’s top clubs by scoring 101 goals in 234 appearances while winning the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Super Cup in 2010.
Sergio Leonel “Kun” Agüero
Professional Soccer Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sergio Agüero was born on June 02, 1988 in Quilmes, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He is currently 30 years old.
He is of Argentine descent.
Sergio grew up in a poor slum of the La Villa Itati neighborhood, which makes it very difficult to trace his early education in Buenos Aires. However, at the age of nine, he joined the youth system of Independiente, after recommendation from Gonzalez, who had his own radio show at the club and had Kun’s father Leonel in his amateur team. Along with his football training, the club also took care of his formal education.
- Father – Leonel Del Castillo (Amateur football player and Taxi Driver)
- Mother – Adriana Agüero (Housewife)
- Siblings – Gaston Del Castillo (Younger Brother), Daiana Del Castillo Agüero (Sister), Gabriela Del Castillo Agüero (Sister), Mauritius Del Castillo Agüero (Brother), Yesica Del Castillo Agüero (Sister), Maira Del Castillo Agüero (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sergio Agüero dated –
- Giannina Maradona (2007-2012) – Sergio started dating Giannina, who is daughter of legendary Argentine soccer player Diego Maradona in 2007 after being introduced by Maradona himself. Almost after six months of dating, they got engaged in Nov 2007 and got married in 2009. Giannina gave birth to Sergio’s son, Benjamin on February 19, 2009. However, things turned sour when Sergio moved to Manchester City in July 2011 and Ginnina refused to move with him to Manchester. They even had a very public feud after divorce over Sergio’s visitation rights to meet his son.
- Luisana Varacalli (2011) – After his marriage crumbled, Kun had a brief affair with Argentine model Luisana Varacalli in 2011. They met at the Buenos Aires nightclub Kika and had couple of dates thereafter.
- Karina Tejeda (2013-Present) – Sergio started dating Argentine singer Karina Tejeda in 2013 after meeting her at her concert and ironically, the meeting was arranged by soccer star’s ex-wife. The couple is still going strong and has been spotted together on red carpet at several events in Argentina.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 69 kg
- In Pounds – 152 lbs
- Measurements – 39-33-15
- Chest – 39 Inches
- Waist – 33 Inches
- Biceps – 15 Inches
- For scoring the last minute winner against QPR in the last match of his debut season in English Premiere League. His goal helped his club Manchester City win their first ever Premier League title. What made this achievement even sweeter was that they pipped their fierce city rivals Manchester United to the title.
- Also, he holds the record for most goals scored by a South American player in England’s top division.
- For his high profile relationships back in Argentina. Not only his ex-wife was a daughter of soccer legend, his latest flame is a well-established and popular singer Karina Tejeda.
- Also, he holds the record for being the youngest debutante Argentine Primera División. He made his debut at the age of 15 years and 35 days to break the record held by his future father-in-law Maradona.
- Being one of the best strikers in English Premiere League. After Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers legend Alan Shearer, he is the second fastest to 100 goals in English top flight.
Soccer Match Debut
- Sergio made his first ever debut at the age of 15 on July 5, 2003 against Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro for his club Independiente, when he was sent in by coach Oscar Ruggeri for Emmanuel Rivas as a 69th minute substitute.
- He made his La Liga debut for Atlético Madrid on September 17, 2006 in a 4-1 away win against Athletic Bilbao. He was on the scoresheet on his debut.
- His first appearance for Manchester City was against Swansea in a 4-0 victory on July 28, 2011. He wasn’t in starting line-up but came in during 59th minute as a substitute and scored two goals, including a tap in and a 25 yard screamer.
TV Show Debut
Apart from telecast of matches he has played in, he was first seen in the talk show Susana Giménez as a guest in an episode dated August 1, 2007.
Sergio has appeared in Torrente 4 as Expulsado reunión técnica in the 2011 crime comedy film.
Being one of the finest number nines in the game, Sergio has a pretty impressive brand portfolio, which includes EA Sports and Puma. In fact, a deal inked with the sportswear giant in 2013 made him the highest paid soccer player for the brand.
- Direct and strong striker.
- Small Stature.
- Tattoos including one with his name ‘Kun Agüero’ inscribed on the inside of his right arm in Tengwar, which is a form of writing invented by J. R. R. Tolkien in The Lord of the Rings.
In his Atlético career, he scored a winning goal against Recreativo de Huelva on 14 October 2006 by using hands,only his second goal for the club.
Sergio Agüero Favorite
- Favorite Food – Argentinian Barbecue
- Favorite NFL Team – Dallas Cowboys
- Favorite Player – Cristiano Ronaldo
- Favorite Hobbies – Listening to Cumbia Music
Sergio Agüero Net Worth
Sergio Agüero’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $55 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sergio Agüero
- Instagram – 10aguerosergiokun
- Twitter – Sergio Agüero
- YouTube Channel – Sergio Agüero Oficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sergio Agüero
- The Nick Name of Sergio is Kun, which is featured on his shirt, was given by his Grand-Parents from Sergio’s favourite T.V programme Kum-Kum.
- He described Leonel Messi like a brother in his autobiography “Born to Rise”.
- He is the youngest player to debut in football at the age of 15 Years 35 days, breaking the record previously held by Diego Maradona.
- He helped Argentina to win gold medal in 2008 Beijing Olympic against Brazil with 3-0, in which Agüero scored two goals.
- Agüero is considered one of the best striker in the world. He has scored more than 200 goals in his football career.
- In 2007, he was named FIFA Young Player of the Year. In the same year, a leading Italian newspaper Tuttosport gave him Golden Boy award.
- While playing for Atlético Madrid, he was granted Spanish citizenship in 2010.
- Before he moved to Atlético Madrid, he was regularly watched by Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid. But the club’s asking price proved too steep for them.
- Manchester United’s legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson rejected a chance to sign him before he moved to Manchester City. Ferguson felt the transfer fees of 35 million pounds was too much.
- He has a tattoo of his son’s name and date of birth on his left arm.
- His pre-match ritual includes rubbing his hands together while walking down the tunnel. Also, in order to keep his mind relaxed and calm, he avoids thinking about the game and prefers to listen to the music.
- Visit his official website at sergioaguero.com.