Scott Galloway is an American professor of marketing at the New York University Stern School of Business, and a public speaker, author, podcast host, and entrepreneur. In 1992, he founded Prophet, a brand and marketing consultancy firm; in 1997, he founded Red Envelope, one of the earliest e-commerce sites. In 2005, Galloway founded the digital intelligence firm L2 Inc which was acquired in March 2017 by Gartner for $155 million, and the now defunct Firebrand Partners, an activist hedge fund that invested over $1 billion in U.S. consumer and media companies. He was elected to the World Economic Forum’s “Global Leaders of Tomorrow,” which recognizes 100 individuals under the age of 40 whose accomplishments have had impact on a global level.
Professor, Author, Speaker, Businessperson, Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Scott Galloway was born on the 3rd of November 1964, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He’s currently 58 years old.
He has Scottish, English ancestry.
Scott attended a local high school and in 1987, earned his bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of California, Los Angeles. In 1992, he then enrolled at the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, where he completed his MBA.
- Father – Unknown (Sales executive)
- Mother – Unknown (Secretary)
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Scott Galloway has dated –
Scott has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 168 lbs
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Scott became known as a clinical professor, author, podcast host, and entrepreneur. He self-describes as an atheist. He advises his students not to follow their passion, but to follow their talent. He is globally recognized for teaching brand management and digital marketing at the New York University Stern School of Business.
In 2022, Galloway landed his first role in television in the series, WeCrashed.
Scott Galloway Net worth
Scott Galloway has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Scott Galloway
- Scott was born to a Scottish immigrant father and a British Jewish emigrant mother, whose names are currently not known to the public. Galloway grew up in Los Angeles, California
- In 1997, he then founded Red Envelope, one of the earliest e-commerce sites, which is currently owned by Gartner.
- Following his success as an entrepreneur, the World Economic Forum elected Soctt to its Global Leaders of Tomorrow, which included 100 individuals under the age of 40 from across the world whose work has had an impact on a global level.
- He also serves as a board member of several American and global companies, including The New York Times, Gateway Computer, Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, and Urban Outfitters.
- In 2019, Scott was all over the news for his educational startup, Section 4.
- Scott is also an author and has written a few popular books, such as The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google; The Algebra of Happiness: Notes on the Pursuit of Success, Love, and Meaning; Post Corona: From Crisis to Opportunity; and Adrift: America in 100 Charts.
- Galloway donates 100% of his NYU salary back to the university.
- He has a massive fan following on social media platforms, especially Instagram and YouTube.
- Scott has a YouTube channel with thousands of subscribers, where he hosts a podcast called The Prof G Show and mostly talks about business, money, and technology.
- On September 28, 2021, CNN announced that Galloway would be a host on its CNN+ streaming platform, though the platform went off the air shortly after launching.