Sara Gilbert is an American actress, best known for her role as Darlene Conner on the ABC sitcom Roseanne, for which she received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations. She is also co-host and creator of the CBS daytime talk show The Talk and has had a recurring role as Leslie Winkle on CBS’s The Big Bang Theory.
Sara Rebecca Abeles
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sara Gilbert was born on January 29, 1975, in Santa Monica, California, United States.
She’s currently 44 years old.
She is of Jewish descent.
Sara went to The Buckley School in Sherman Oaks, California and then Ezra Stiles College at Yale University. Sara went to Yale University from where she graduated with honors majoring in art with an emphasis on photography in 1997.
- Father – Harold Abeles
- Mother – Barbara Cowan (née Crane)
- Siblings – Melissa Gilbert (Older Step-Sister), Jonathan Gilbert (Older Step-Brother), Patrice (Older Step-Sister), and Joseph (Older Step-Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sara has dated –
- Johnny Galecki (1992-1993) – Sara started dating her Roseanne and The Big Bang Theory co-actor Johnny Galecki in 1992. But during their year-long relationship, Sara realized that she was a lesbian and therefore, they parted ways and they still maintain a close friendship.
- Tobey Maguire (1993-1996) – Sara went out with actor Tobey Maguire for approximately 3 years. The relationship started in 1993 but eventually dissolved in 1996.
- Allison Adler (2001-2011) – Ali Adler is an American-Canadian television producer and writer whom Sara dated for around 10 years. They met in 2001 and have two children together – a son named Levi Hank and a daughter Sawyer Jane. This relationship also ended in separation.
- Linda Perry (2011-Present) – Gilbert started going out with musician Linda Perry in October 2011. They announced their engagement in April 2013, and later got married on March 30, 2014. They are currently together and have a son named Rhodes Emilio Gilbert Perry, born to Gilbert on February 28, 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her role as Darlene Conner-Healy in Roseanne (1988 – 1997) as well as her work in the talk show, The Talk (2010 – Present).
Sara Gilbert made her onscreen acting debut in the 1992 film Poison Ivy where she played the role of Sylvie Cooper. She was nominated for Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Actress.
She made her TV show debut in an episode of the anthology series for children, ABC Weekend Special, in 1988.
Sara Gilbert has appeared in a TV commercial for Kool-Aid in 1983.
Sara Gilbert Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Sara Gilbert Net worth
Sara Gilbert has a net worth of $16 million dollars. She lives in her Hollywood Hills house that boasts all amenities including a swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sara Gilbert
- Instagram – thesaragilbert
- Twitter – Sara Gilbert
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sara Gilbert
- Gilbert is the granddaughter of famous comedy writer Harry Crane.
- She is childhood friends with actors like Tobey Maguire, Seth Green, Danny Masterson, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- She created the American talk-show, The Talk, which she also co-hosts with Julie Chen, Eve, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood.
- She took her last name ‘Gilbert’ from her mother’s first husband, Paul Gilbert.
- She ranked #38 in VH1’s list of the 100 Greatest Kid Stars for her role in Roseanne.
- She is a vegan, though she admitted to eating seafood occasionally.
- Gilbert received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations for her performance in Roseanne.
- She also appeared in the popular television series The Big Bang Theory.
- In June 21, 2018, ABC announced that the network had ordered a 10 episode spin off of Roseanne with all of the regular cast members except Barr planning to return.