Saara Aalto is a Finnish singer, songwriter and voice actress. She came second in the first season of The Voice of Finland in 2012. Aalto competed in the Finnish national selection to represent Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest two times, first in 2011 with “Blessed with Love” and then in 2016 with “No Fear”, both times placing second. The Finnish public chose the song “Monsters”. She qualified for the grand final and finished in 25th place. She has released 5 albums on her own record label Yume Records.
Saara Sofia Aalto
Singer, Songwriter, Voice Actress
Warner Music, Sony, Yume Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Saara Aalto was born on May 02, 1987, in Oulunsalo, Finland.
She is currently 31 years old.
London, England, United Kingdom
Aalto has Finnish and a bit of Karelian ancestry.
Saara attended Madetoja Secondary School For Music and graduated in 2005 before joining Sibelius Academy in Helsinki to learn music. She also took singing lessons from Helsinki Pop & Jazz Conservatory.
- Father – Markus Aalto
- Mother – Taina (née Marttila) Aalto
- Siblings – None
- Others – Eeli Alvar Aalto (Paternal Grandfather), Airi Alina Rautiainen (Paternal Grandmother), Kalle Eenokki Marttila (Maternal Grandfather), Aili Jurkko (Maternal Grandmother)
Saara is represented by Intertalent Rights Group.
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Saara Aalto has dated –
- Teemu Roivainen (2004-2013) – Saara Aalto started dating Finnish singer Teemu Roivainen in 2004. The couple remained together for 9 years before getting separated in 2013. Both Saara and Teemu decided to remain on good terms.
- Meri Sopanen (2013-Present) – During The Voice of Finland in 2012, Meri Sopanen sent a fan message to Saara and a year later, she met Saara on her concert and began dating in 2014. She publicly came as Lesbian and they both got engaged in August 2016. Saara and her fiancee, Meri shifted to London in January 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 33-23-36
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Light Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Best Known For
- Taking part in several music competitions.
- Achieving the position of the first runner-up at the 1st season of The Voice of Finland in 2012.
Saara released her debut studio album titled Blessed with Love on May 11, 2011, via Yume Records.
She made her theatrical film debut as a voice actress by providing the voice to the lead character Princess Pea in the Finnish version of the 2008 drama-fantasy animation film, The Tale of Despereaux.
Aalto made her first TV show appearance as a contestant on Talent Suomi (series 1) in 2007.
Saara Aalto has not endorsed any brand yet.
- Bulbous Nose.
- Defined and Tinted Chin.
Awards & Achievements
|2016||Iltalehti||Finnish Person of the Year||Won|
|2017||Vuoden Positiivisin Suomalainen||The Most Positive Person in Finland||Won|
Saara Aalto Favorites
- Favorite Beach – Balmoral Beach
- Favorite Designer – Lisa Ho
- Favorite Color – Pink
Saara Aalto Net worth
Saara Aalto currently has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saara Aalto
- She started writing her own songs at the age of 5.
- At the age of 11, Aalto won the Kotka Maritime Festival song contest for children.
- She did her piano training under the guidance of the famous pianist and pedagogue Olga Maslak.
- She was raised in a music-oriented family.
- Saara won the Charlotte Church international singing competition in 2003.
- In 2004, she participated at the Golden Stag International Song Contest in Romania and represented Finland.
- In 2007, she participated in Talent Suomi (“Talent Finland”), finishing in the top three.
- Aalto participated and opened with the song Taking Chances by Celine Dion during the blind auditions on The Voice of Finland in 2012.
- She played Dorothy and Phannee in the Finnish production of Wicked – The Musical.
- She appeared as a guest singer in the show Rhapsody in Rock at Shanghai Daning theatre in November 2012.
- In 2013, she collaborated with Spanish tenor José Carreras and sang several Chinese songs.
- In July 2013, Aalto released an album represented to Mainland China and other Chinese markets. She sang 9 out of 13 songs in Mandarin.
- Saara has collaborated with American singer and songwriter Adam Lambert in the past.
- She has her own music record label named Yume Records.
- Aalto has done concerts with prominent artists like Andrea Bocelli, José Carreras, and pianist Robert Wells.
- Painter and documentary director Eeli Aalto and magician Simo Aalto are her relatives.
- She has teamed up with the most popular and prominent military bands and orchestras, touring across Finland with her own band.
- In 2016, Saara auditioned for the 13th UK series of The X Factor, singing a cover of Sia‘s Chandelier.
- In 2016, Aalto came runner-up in the thirteenth series of The X Factor UK, which gained her international recognition.
- In 2019, Aalto began participating in the eleventh series of Dancing on Ice. She is partnered with Hamish Gaman.
- Visit her official website @ saaraaalto.com.