Ruger is a Nigeria, Afrobeat musician and songwriter. In 2021, Ruger signed a record deal with D’Prince “Jonzing World record” for a publishing and distribution deal with Columbia Records, and Sony Music Entertainment, U.K division. On 4 March 2021, he released his debut EP Pandemic. “Bounce”, became a major hit song from Pandemic EP, and debuted at number 39 on the Top 50 chart Nigeria, and was listed at number 20 on the TurnTable End of the Year chart and number 2 on the Apple Music top Afrobeats songs. On 26 November 2021, Ruger released his second EP, titled The Second Wave, with “Dior” as the lead single, which debuted number 32 on the Top 50 chart, and number 15 on the UK Afrobeats Singles Chart.
Michael Adebayo Olayinka
Jonzing World, Columbia, Sony Music Entertainment
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ruger was born on the 23rd of September 1999, in Lagos, Nigeria.
He’s currently 23 years old.
He has Yoruba ancestry.
Michael is currently an undergraduate at a high-ranking university in southwest Nigeria.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ruger has dated –
Ruger has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Ruger became known as a a fast-rising singer-songwriter. He gained immense popularity when he released his hit single, Bounce (2021). He is also known for his other hit songs such as Girlfriend, Snapchat and Dior.
Ruger was introduced to the public by D’Prince, following the release of One Shirt, with Rema. On 19 February 2021, he released Ruger, a self-titled single off his first EP project, titled PANDEMIC. Pandemic was certified Platinum in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Ruger Net worth
Ruger has an estimated net worth of $350K dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ruger
- Michael popularly known as Ruger was born in Lagos, where he was also raised. He is originally from Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, Nigeria and is the only son of his family.
- Ruger started music at a young age, and was a member of his school music band as a teenager and also a member of his church choir.
- He began composing songs and perform at shows and school functions. After he was discovered by D’Prince, he was named Ruger by D’Prince himself. Ruger’s first song recorded seventy million views in three days.
- In January 2021, D’Prince announced the signing of Ruger to Jonzing World and Sony Music Entertainment UK, in a joint venture with Columbia Records.
- On 19 February 2021, he released Ruger, a self-titled single off his first EP project, titled PANDEMIC.
- He achieved mainstream recognition with the release of his debut extended play and its hit track “Bounce”, which became his major hit, with over 52 million views on YouTube. It reached number one on Apple Music in Nigeria, and other African countries.
- In March 2022, Ruger was announced as brand ambassador for Tiger Beer.
- On 17 June 2022, he released a deluxe to his EP The Second Wave, adding three new songs to the project (Girlfriend, WeWe and Warning).
- In the same year Ruger made two songs Red Flags and Asiwaju. Asiwaju proved to be the better song charting at number 1 on Apple Music Nigeria for almost 2 months.
- The song also topped charts in 7 other countries while also peaking at number 3 on the UK Afrobeats Singles Chart and number 16 on the US Afrobeats Chart.
- On February 2023, Ruger was named Best New Artiste at the Soundcity MVP Awards which were held at the Eko Convention Centre in Lagos.