Rauw Alejandro is a Puerto Rican singer, songwriter, and actor. Referred to as the “King of Modern Reggaeton”, he belongs to “the new generation” of Puerto Rican urban musicians. In November 2020, his debut studio album, Afrodisíaco, was released. In June 2021, his second studio album, Vice Versa, released featured the lead single “Todo de Ti”. He has won two Latin Grammy Awards from twelve nominations. The former album had peaked at number 3 on the US Latin music chart and number 2 on the Productores de Música de España, the national organization responsible for the music charts of Spain. The latter album had peaked at number 1 on both the US Latin and the Productores de Música de España. It had earned ‘Platinum’ certification from the RIAA.
Raúl Alejandro Ocasio Ruiz
Rapper, Singer, Music Composer, Actor
Duars Entertainment, Sony Music Latin
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rauw Alejandro was born on the 10th of January 1993, in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
He’s currently 30 years old.
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
Rauw after his high school graduation, had joined the University of Puerto Rico, the main public university in the U.S. Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- Father – Raúl Ocasio (Guitarist)
- Mother – María Nelly Ruiz (Backing Vocalist)
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rauw Alejandro has dated –
- Rosalía (2019-Present) – In 2019, Rauw started dating singer Rosalía. In March 2023, the couple confirmed their engagement through the music video of their new song Beso.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Rauw became known as a featured artist on the remix of the 2016 Álex Rose song Toda. He rose to international fame through collaborations like El Efecto with Chencho, Fantasías with Farruko and Tattoo Remix with Camilo. In November 2020, he released his first studio album, Afrodisiaco.
In 2023, Alejandro landed his first role in television in the Spanish black comedy action drama series, Sky Rojo.
In 2014, Rauw decided to switch to a musical career and began to publish songs through SoundCloud. In November 2016, he had released his debut mixtape titled Punto de Equilibrio. The success of the tape had seen him sign a contract with the record label Duars Entertainment in January 2017.
Rauw Alejandro Net worth
Rauw Alejandro has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Rauw Alejandro
- Instagram – rauwalejandro
- Twitter – Rauw Alejandro
- YouTube Channel – Rauw Alejandro
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rauw Alejandro
- Raúl was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico and was raised in Canóvanas and Carolina.
- During his childhood, Rauw and his father had lived for quite a few years in the United States, mostly in Miami and New York City. This is where he was massively influenced by the R&B and dancehall musical genres.
- In his childhood, he used to compete in several talent shows as both he and his sister had a passion for dancing.
- Between the age of 6 and 20, he had also played a lot of soccer but had to quit the sport after an injury.
- Before his involvement with the sport had come to an abrupt end, he had even moved to Orlando, Florida, to attempt to get scouted to play in the Premier Development League (PDL). His effort was unsuccessful.
- In 2014, Alejandro decided to switch to a musical career and began to publish songs through SoundCloud.
- Alejandro’s music style includes Latin R&B, reggaeton, rhythmic pop, and ballads. Billboard commented that it has helped “set him apart from a growing class of pop-leaning reggaetoneros”.
- He was influenced early on by Presley and Jackson, and later by Ricky Martin, Daddy Yankee, and Chris Brown. He also cites Ciara as a musical inspiration.
- In 2018, he was selected by Sony Music Latin to join Los Próximos, a musical project to enlist new musical talents for the label.
- On May 20, 2021, he released “Todo de Ti”, which peaked at the number 2 spot on Spotify’s Top Songs Global chart.
- Alejandro and fellow Puerto Rican rapper Anuel AA are childhood friends; they both went to the same school and had classes together.
- On June 25, 2021, Afrodisíaco released his album, Vice Versa, through Sony Music Latin. He earned him a nomination for Best Música Urbana Album at the 64th Annual Grammy Awards.
- In April 2022, Rauw and Shakira teamed up for a new song titled Te Felicito.