Rashida Jones is an American actress, writer and producer. She is known for starring as Ann Perkins on the NBC comedy series Parks and Recreation, for which she received critical acclaim. Jones appeared as Louisa Fenn on the Fox drama series Boston Public and as Karen Filippelli on the acclaimed NBC comedy series The Office. In 2018, her documentary Quincy, about her father, Quincy Jones, debuted on Netflix; it won the Grammy Award for Best Music Film in 2019.
Rashida Leah Jones
Actress, Author, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rashida Jones was born on February 25, 1976, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 43 years old.
Rashida Jones went to a Hebrew School. She was also enrolled at The Buckley School in Sherman Oaks. Finally, she got admission at the Harvard University from where she graduated in 1997 with a degree in philosophy and religion.
- Father – Quincy Jones (Musician and Record Producer)
- Mother – Peggy Lipton (Actress)
- Siblings – Kidada Jones (Older Sister) (Actress, model and fashion designer), Quincy Jones III (Older Half-Brother) (Music Producer, Film Producer and Author), Jolie Jones Levine (Older Half-Sister) (Actress and jazz vocalist), Marta Jones (Half-Sister) (Model and Actress), Rachel Jones (Half-Sister), Kenya Julia Miambi Sarah Jones (Half-Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rashida Jones has dated –
- Tobey Maguire (1997-2000) – Rashida started going out with actor Tobey Maguire in early months of 1997. They were in a relationship for around three and half years before deciding to part ways in 2000 just before Tobey bagged the role of Spiderman.
- Mark Ronson (2002-2004) – Rashida started dating DJ Mark Ronson in 2002. In March 2003, on the eve of her 27th birthday, he proposed her in a unique way. He got a custom-made crossword puzzle which spelled Will you marry me? However, their relationship ended about a year later. Rashida later revealed that neither of them was prepared to get married, which eventually led to the deterioration of their relationship.
- Seth Meyers (2004) – After her breakup from Mark Ronson, Rashida was reported to have had a short-lived affair with her longtime actor friend Seth Meyers. But, Rashida later said that they had never been anything more than close friends.
- John Krasinski (2005-2006) – John fought hard to get Rashida cast opposite to him in the TV series, The Office. While working in the TV series, their close friendship blossomed into a love affair. They dated for around a year before going through an amicable breakup in 2006. They were reported to have got back together in 2008 after they were spotted out on a cozy lunch date. However, the duo insisted that it was just two friends catching up.
- Jon Favreau (2009-2010) – In July 2009, Rashida was dating then US President Barack Obama’s speechwriter Jon Favreau. The reports of them being an item started swirling around after they were pictured leaving his apartment in Washington. They had already been going out for several months.
- Garrett Hedlund (2010-2011) – In January 2011, Rashida was linked with actor Garrett Hedlund after they stepped out together at The Cosmopolitan Grand Opening and New Year’s Eve Celebration at Marquee Nightclub in Las Vegas. They also sat together at the VIP dinner and looked like they were a couple.
- Drake (2012) – Rashida hooked up with Canadian rapper Drake in 2012. They had first met at the Sundance Film Festival and had been dating secretly. She wanted to go public with their relationship but he was reluctant to do so.
- Colin Jost (2013-2016) – Jones first met Saturday Night Live writer Colin Jost at Seth Meyer’s wedding in September 2013 at a vineyard. They were spotted at numerous events together. In 2016, it was revealed that they had decided to go separate ways.
- Ezra Koenig (2016-Present) – Rashida Jones was reported to be dating musician Ezra Koenig in March 2016 after they decided to attend Grammy after party together. A couple of weeks later they were again spotted together at the Champions of Our Planet’s Future event held at the University of California. By the end of the year, they made another appearance together at the New York Knicks rake on the Charlotte Hornets. In January 2017, they formally accepted that they were dating at the Sundance Film Festival. In August 2018, Jones gave birth to her first child a son, Isaiah Jones Koenig with musician Ezra Koenig.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Being cast as Ann Perkins in NBC comedy series, Parks and Recreation & playing the role of Louisa Fenn on American drama series, Boston Public.
Rashida was first seen in the 1998 film Myth America.
In 1997, she appeared in CBS miniseries, The Last Don for her role as Johanna.
Rashida Jones has appeared in a series of commercials for Southwestern Airlines, Gap clothing stores (1999) & Verizon FiOS (2015). In 2010, Rashida was selected as an ambassador for the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Collection.
Awards & Nominations
- 2002: Nominated – NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Boston Public.
- 2011: Nominated – Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay for Celeste and Jesse Forever.
- 2012: Nominated – NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for Parks and Recreation.
- 2017: Nominated – NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Writing in a Television Movie for the episode Nosedive of Black Mirror.
- 2019: Won – Grammy Award for Best Music Film for Quincy.
Rashida Jones Favorites
- Favorite T-Shirt Brand – Laloo
- Favorite Day Bag – Chanel 2.55
- Favorite Evening Bag – Wilbur, Gussie
- Favorite Beauty Products – LeClerc Lip Gloss, NARS Velvet Matte Pencil
- Favorite TV Show – The Vampire Diaries (2009-)
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
- Favorite Art – Donald Baechler Print
- Favorite Bedsheets Brand – John Robshaw
- Favorite Coffee Joint – Bonsignour Café in West Village, New York City
- Favorite Neighborhood Restaurant – Florent
- Favorite Charity – Peace Games and Jeans Topshop
- Favorite Underwear – Muji boy-short Underwear and Hanky Panky
- Favorite Sneakers – Converse
Rashida Jones Net worth
Rashida Jones has a estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – rashidajones
- Twitter – Rashida Jones
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rashida Jones
- While growing up, she aspired to become a lawyer. However, she became disillusioned with the field after witnessing the infamous O. J. Simpson murder trial.
- While studying in high school, she was selected to the National Honor Society and was voted as the one most likely to succeed by her classmates.
- Jones began practicing Hinduism in her early teens with her mother, after the two visited an ashram in India.
- Rashida has created a comic book series, Frenemy of the State, which focusses on adventures of a socialite, who is recruited by US Central Intelligence Agency.
- Rashida and Will McCormack were hired by Pixar Animation and Walt Disney Studios to write the script of Toy Story 4.
- In 2002, the People’s magazine included her on the list of 50 Most Beautiful People.
- In 2004, Rashida was selected as a board member of the non-profit organization Peace First, which works to teach children to tackle conflict without resorting to violence.
- In 2007, she was made the honorary chair of the annual Housing Works benefit, which works to tackle homelessness in New York City.
- In 2011, Dove selected Jones as its spokeswoman for its Dove Nourishing Oil Care Collection.
- In 2015, she began starring in a series of commercials for Verizon FiOS.
- In 2015, Jones produced the documentary film Hot Girls Wanted, which examines the role of teenage girls in pornographic films.
- In 2017, Jones became a spokeswoman for the Almay brand of cosmetics.
- In 2016, she featured in the music video “Flip and Rewind” by Boss Selection, with the video directed by Jones and McCormack.
- In 2016, Jones visited a Syrian refugee camp in Lebanon. She wrote about the confronting experience for Vanity Fair. She also made a virtual reality movie to document her experiences, which appeared on rescue.org.
- In 2018, Jones became the first ambassador for Maison Kitsune.