Pravin Tambe is an Indian cricketer. Tambe made his Indian Premier League debut at the age of 41, becoming the oldest ever IPL debutant. He had no experience playing professional cricket prior his IPL debut. He is popularly known in the country for his amazing passion for cricket. Well, he is an amazing leg-spinner and also helps in winning India during several matches. Pravin had never played professional cricket until then and during that IPL season, he went on to become the then oldest IPL debutant. Pravin was disqualified to play for IPL 2020 by the authorities for breaching BCCI’s policies because he had played in the T10 League without getting proper permission from the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India), the sport’s governing body in the country.
Pravin Vijay Tambe
02 – Rajasthan Royals (IPL), Trinbago Knight Riders (CPL), 15 – Gujarat Lions (IPL)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Pravin Tambe was born on the 8th of October 1970, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He’s currently 51 years old.
He has Indian ancestry.
His educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Vijay Tambe
- Mother – Jyoti Tambe
- Siblings – Prashant Tambe (Brother) (Engineer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pravin Tambe has dated –
- Vaishali Tambe – Pravin and Vaishali have been part of a long-term marriage and were together, as of April 2022. They have 2 children together – a son named Pranav Tambe and a daughter named Pari Tambe.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 166 lbs
He wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Pravin became known as an Indian professional cricketer who has represented, as a frontline spin bowler, his home city team of Mumbai (2013-14–2016-17) in the Indian domestic circuit. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has played for Rajasthan Royals (2013–2015), Gujarat Lions (2016), and Sunrisers Hyderabad (2017). He had also competed in the 2020 edition of the CPL (Caribbean Premier League), turning out for the Trinbago Knight Riders. In the summer of 2013, He had first come into the spotlight when he had been selected by the Rajasthan Royals.
Pravin had an unusual career for a cricketer as he had never played first-class cricket but was picked for the Indian Premier League. Rahul Dravid, his chief mentor at Rajasthan Royals had said that Praveen Tambe is an even bigger inspiration than himself. During the early seasons of the IPL (in the first five seasons from 2008 to 2012), he worked as a liaison officer for about five years especially whenever matches were conducted at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.
At the 2013, Champions League Twenty20 (a now-defunct international T20 franchise tournament), he had won the ‘Golden Wicket’ award for topping the tournament’s wicket-taking charts (12 wickets in 5 matches at an astounding average of 6.50).
Tambe received an IPL contract with Rajasthan Royals after being spotted by scouts during an invitational T20 tournament where he was noticed for his ability to bowl great variations of leg spin. During the 2014 Indian Premier League, Pravin took a hat-trick against Kolkata Knight Riders on 5 May 2014 in Ahmedabad by dismissing Manish Pandey, Yusuf Pathan and Ryan ten Doeschate which also helped him to earn the man of the match award.
In February 2017, Pravin was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad team for the 2017 Indian Premier League for 10 lakhs. In the 2020 IPL auction, he was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders ahead of the 2020 Indian Premier League. In July 2020, Pravin was named in the Trinbago Knight Riders squad for the 2020 Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
Pravin Tambe Net worth
Pravin Tambe has an estimated net worth of $700K dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pravin Tambe
- Tambe belongs to a normal Marathi family.
- When Pravin was young, he wanted to be a fast bowler but it was his Orient Shipping captain Ajay Kadam who asked him to bowl as a leg spinner.
- Having started playing club cricket in the 1995-96 season, Pravin had to toil for several years in the heat and dust of Mumbai to make a name for himself.
- At 41, Pravin became the eldest man to debut his Cricketer. He played at the Shivaji Park Gymkhana team before entering the IPL.
- During the 2018 season of the T10 League, he had the first player to record a 5-wicket haul in the history of the T10 format.
- He played for many domestic teams such as Sunrisers Hyderabad, Mumbai, Gujarat Lions, Trinbago Knight Riders, and others.
- In April 2022, a biopic based on his life titled Kaun Pravin Tambe? (Pravin Tambe Who?) was released on the subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service Disney+ Hotstar.
- Pravin struggled a lot to achieve his dreams. Reportedly, when he saw the movie, he became emotional and said that if you won’t give up, your dreams will definitely come true.