MrBeast is an American YouTuber and philanthropist. He is credited with pioneering a genre of YouTube videos that centers on expensive stunts and challenges. He is the most subscribed individual user on the platform and the second-most-subscribed channel overall. Donaldson is the founder of MrBeast Burger and Feastables, and a co-creator of Team Trees, a fundraiser for the Arbor Day Foundation that has raised over $23 million, and Team Seas, a fundraiser for Ocean Conservancy and The Ocean Cleanup that has raised over $30 million. In 2020, 2021, and 2022, Donaldson won the Creator of the Year award three times at the Streamy Awards; he also won the Favorite Male Creator award twice at the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in 2022 and 2023. That same year, Time magazine named him as one of the world’s 100 most influential people.
James Stephen Donaldson
Content Creator, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, Internet Sensation
Birthday / Date of Birth
MrBeast was born on the 7th of May 1998, in Wichita, Kansas, United States.
He’s currently 25 years old.
In 2016, MrBeast completed his studies at Greenville Christian Academy. From there, he went on to enroll at college but decided to drop out just 2 weeks after joining in order to pursue his YouTube career.
- Father – Stephen Donaldson, Tracy (Stepfather)
- Mother – Sue
- Siblings – CJ Donaldson (Older Brother) (Content Creator, Social Media Star)
Girlfriend / Spouse
MrBeast has dated –
- Maddy Spidell (2019-Present) – In June 2019, Instagram model Maddy Spidell and MrBeast started dating after getting in touch with one another via Twitter.
- In feet – 6 feet 2½ inches
- In centimeters – 189 cm
- In meters – 1.89 m
- In Kilograms – 99.5 kg
- In Pounds – 219 lbs
He wears a size 14 (US) shoe.
MrBeast became known for his MrBeast channel. He originally gained widespread popularity there for his video series Worst Intros on YouTube, as well as his frequent gameplay videos. He later began filming videos involving generous financial prizes. Also an investor and an entrepreneur, he founded the delivery-only fast food company MrBeast Burger and he has invested in several tech companies including the startup Backbone.
At the age of 13, in February 2012, MrBeast initiated his YouTube journey by creating a MrBeast6000 titled YouTube channel. Initially, he posts gaming content, especially Minecraft and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on YouTube. However, in 2015 and 2016, Donaldson began to gain the attention of the masses with his “worst intros” series poking fun at YouTube video introductions. MrBeast got a nickname as “YouTube’s biggest philanthropist” for his money giveaway through his YouTube content.
In November 2021, he uploaded a recreation of the survival drama streaming TV series Squid Game in real life where 456 people competed for a $456,000 cash prize. The next month of the same year, he created a third influencer tournament for a winning price of $1,000,000 where 15 competitors participated. Whereas, in July 2022, his channel crossed 100 million subscribers and become the fifth channel and the second individual YouTuber to achieve the landmark.
After getting huge success on YouTube, in 2020 MrBeast tied with MSCHF, a Brooklyn-based art collective, and released a one-time multiplayer mobile game under the name “Finger on the App”. The winner of this game gained $25,000. In no time the app went viral as a result, they launched its updated version called “Finger on the App 2” where they offered $100,000 grand prize money.
In 2020, MrBeast owns an online burger delivery company MrBeast Burger. Later, in January 2022, he also own ‘Feastables’ an online food delivery company with a partnership with Turtle Beach Corporation and Roccat. MrBeast was an investor in the tech startup company Backbone which produces the Backbone One. In March 2021, Donaldson tied up with the Creative Juice financial network to introduce Juice Funds. In April of the following year, he joined the financial technology company Current as a long-term investor and partner.
MrBeast has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Quid, Honey, and War Robots, and World Of Tanks Blitz, along with many others.
MrBeast Net worth
MrBeast has an estimated net worth of $100 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About MrBeast
- James better known as MrBeast was mainly raised in a middle-class household, alongside his older brother Charles “C.J.” Donaldson in Greenville, North Carolina.
- In February 2012, Donaldson uploaded his first YouTube video at the age of 13, under the name of “MrBeast6000”.
- His early content ranged from Let’s Plays, mainly focused on Minecraft and Call of Duty: Black Ops II, videos estimating the wealth of other YouTubers, videos that offered tips to upcoming YouTube creators, and commentary on YouTube drama.
- He has five additional YouTube channels called MrBeast Gaming, MrBeast Shorts, Beast Philanthropy, Beast Reacts, and MrBeast 2.
- On October 25, 2019, Donaldson and former NASA engineer and YouTuber Mark Rober announced a collaborative fundraising challenge event on YouTube called #TeamTrees.
- On September 17, 2020, the YouTube channel Beast Philanthropy was created. On the channel’s first video, Donaldson announced the charity and food bank and named Darren, who had appeared in previous videos, as executive director.
- In March 2021, he launched the YouTube channel, Beast Philanthropy with the aim of donating 100 percent of its video revenue to charity. As of July 2021 end, it had already accumulated close to 5 million subscribers.
- On 31st October 2022, Elon Musk discussed with MrBeast and Ali Jafar bringing back Vine and developing better encouragement for content creators.
- He featured his mom in his YouTube video titled Surprising My Mom With $10,000+ Home Makeover.
- In January 2023, Donaldson paid for cataract surgery for a thousand people who had severely limited vision and had been unable to afford the procedure.
- In 2023, MrBeast donated $2.7 million worth of clothes to the Hopi community people who were residing in Northeast Arizona. He even donated 13 tons of fresh and non-perishable food items to them.