MJ Acosta is a Dominican-American sports reporter for NFL Network and has previously done reporting for Telemundo 20. While prior to it she also worked as a cheerleader. she chose to be a sports reporter and has been working on different cable news. Initially, she started her career as a sports reporter from WPLG-TV, the ABC’s affiliate in Miami, and Fort Lauderdale. Acosta mainly covered the NFL’s San Diego Chargers as a reporter at Telemundo 20 in San Diego. Apart from it, she has also won the title of Miss Miramar and stood third in Miss Florida.
Birthday / Date of Birth
MJ Acosta was born on the 20th of November 1984, in Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York City, United States.
She’s currently 38 years old.
She has Afro-Latino ancestry.
Acosta attended Miami Sunset Senior High School. Later, she attended Barry University in 2011, where she graduated with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Communications.
- Father – Unknown (Former professional basketball player)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Marlina Acosta (Sister), Evelin Acosta (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
MJ Acosta has dated –
- David Ruiz – Acosta tied the knot with David Ruiz in Covid 19 situation in Los Cabos, Mexico. David is a security specialist in US Marine. They were in seven years long relationship before finally making it to marriage. But, they do not have any children.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-36
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Acosta became known as a writer. She’s primarily regarded as a sports reporter. Acosta is now working as a presenter on the NFL Network. She was also a cheerleader for the Miami Dolphins NFL band. She has worked as a sports correspondent for ABC, Fort Lauderdale, Telemundo 20, and WPLG-TV. In 2018, Acosta began her career in the NFL network after Telemundo 20.
MJ Acosta Net worth
MJ Acosta has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About MJ Acosta
- Acosta grew up in Washington Heights, Manhattan in New York City before moving to Miami, Florida.
- Her father is a former professional basketball player from the Dominican Republic. There is not much information regarding the name of her father and her mother.
- She was an NFL cheerleader for the Miami Dolphins for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
- Prior to joining Telemundo 20, Acosta was a sports reporter at WPLG-TV, the ABC’s affiliate in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- In 2016, Acosta was covering the NFL’s San Diego Chargers as a reporter at Telemundo 20 in San Diego since joining the station.
- In August 2018, she announced that she would be leaving San Diego’s Telemundo 20 for NFL Network as their Bay Area-based reporter for the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders.
- Apart from it, Acosta has also won the title of Miss Miramar and stood third in Miss Florida.