Mickie James is an American professional wrestler, model and country singer currently signed to WWE, where she performs on the Raw brand. James made her World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) main roster debut in October 2005 and was placed in a story line with Trish Stratus in which James gimmick was that of Stratus biggest fan turned obsessed stalker an angle which ran over eight months. She received a push and she won her first WWE Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 22 a title she has held a total of five times. James also won her first Divas Championship at Night of Champions in 2009 to become the second of five Divas to hold both the Women’s and Divas titles.
Mickie Laree James
Alexis Laree, La Luchadora, Vickie Adams, Princess Alexis, Queen Alexis, Superball
Professional Wrestler, Country Singer, Fitness Model
Country Music, Southern Rock
Entertainment One (2010-2013), Sony, SMG Records & Media
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mickie James was born on August 31, 1979 in Richmond, Virginia, United States.
She is currently 39 years old.
She used to reside in Florida before becoming a mother after which she moved to Richmond, Virginia.
She has English and Scottish ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Mattaponi (Powhatan) Native American descent on her mother’s side.
Mickie attended Bowling Green Elementary School in Milford, Virginia and graduated in 1997 from Patrick Henry High School in Ash land. Mickie took acting and modeling lessons besides her training in wrestling. Later, she enrolled online for Associate of Arts degree in Business Administration with American Intercontinental University and immediately after also attained a Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management through distance education to learn the fundamentals of running a profitable business.
- Father – Stuart James (Retired Waste-Water Treatment Worker, Landscaper turned Youth Basketball Coach)
- Mother – Sandra Skywater Custalow Knuckles (Teacher, Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Latoya James (Younger Sister) (Dispatcher at J.Sargent Reynolds Community College), Susan James (Younger Sister) (ADON at Abraxas Home Care)
- Others – Milton Treadfield James (Paternal Grandfather), Virgin Mary Martin (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Custalow (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Navy Veteran), Irene Hines (Maternal Grandmother), Chuck Hines (Maternal Uncle), Deborah Pack (Maternal Aunt), Elisabeth Custalow (Maternal Aunt), Sandra James (Stepmother) (Manager at Red Lobster), Wayne Knuckles (Stepfather), David Knuckles (Late Half-Brother), Amanda Knuckles (Half-Sister) (Cashier at Fasmart), Wayne Knuckles Jr. (Half Brother), Possibly has 3 other step brothers.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mickie James has dated –
- Jake Damien (1999-2001) – Jake was an independent /freelance wrestler also known as, ‘The Ripper.’ A very young Mickie, then known as Alexis Laree, used to accompany him to the ring as his valet and, hence, the two possibly dated each other at that time.
- CM Punk (2003) – Former WWE Wrestler dated a long string of women before settling down with wrestler AJ Lee. He worked with Mickie James in TNA and the two were supposed to debut in WWE together as an onscreen couple in 2005 but the management abruptly changed their mind stating that the two were not a good fit together. The proximity of the two wrestlers during that period possibly converted into a brief real-life relationship.
- Adam Birch (2003-2006) – Professionally known as Joey Mercury or Joey Matthews, Adam is a close friend of CM Punk. He was also assigned to WWE’s Ohio Valley Wrestling in Kentucky about the same time Mickie trained there. Living in the same professional circle, Mickie was confirmed to be in a 4-year relationship with Adam Birch. However, the wrestler’s on and off struggle with drug and alcohol abuse lead to the termination of his WWE contract and possibly prevented Adam and Mickie from sustaining a long-term relationship.
- Kenneth George Doane (2006-2008) – Better known by his stage name Kenny Dykstra, he started professional wrestling at the age of 15 and performed his first full-fledged match for WWE in 2005. Ken who is 6.5 years younger than Mickie was formerly engaged to her for a couple of years. The couple broke up when Ken found out that Mickie was cheating on him with John Cena.
- John Cena (2008-2009) – As John Cena and Mickie James got close, their relationship was turned into a romantic storyline for the WWE cameras in the mid-2008. The scriptwriters put that angle to rest when the couple broke up abruptly. According to Mickie’s ex, Ken, she did not take her breakup very well and was disturbed by John’s sudden departure from her life which was presumed or rumored to be one of the reasons why Mickie was transferred from RAW to Smackdown in the fall of 2009.
- Nicholas Aldis aka Nick (2011-Present) – Mickie met British professional wrestler, Nick, professionally known as Magnus, upon her return to TNA Wrestling after she was released from her WWE contract. Nick is from Norfolk, England, who had been working for TNA since November 2008. The couple started dating in 2011 and welcomed a son named Donovan Patrick Aldis in September 2014 via an unexpected and unplanned pregnancy. When Mickie first found out about her pregnancy, she was in the middle of considering her next professional commitment which made her realize that motherhood was a welcome surprise that came at just the right time in her life. Nick and Mickie got engaged in December 2014 and then got married after a year on December 31, 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters -1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her professional wrestling career with WWE (2003-2010) and under the RAW brand since 2016. Also known for a parallel career as a country singer since 2010.
Professionally, she debuted in the independent circuit in 1999 playing the part of a valet for male wrestlers working for KYDA Pro Wrestling. She fought her first singles match while working for TNA in April 2003, losing a match against Stephanie Trinity. Mickie made her WWE debut on Raw in October 2005 as an obsessive Trish Stratus fan who wore a mask of Trish’s face as well as dressed like her as a part of her act to help her idol retain her WWE Women’s Champion.
Mickie James hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
Mickie James made her first TV show appearance in an episode titled From Nerd to Knockout of the daytime talk show Jenny Jones in 2000.
Mickie James has endorsed, Xbox 360 video game (2009) & Dr Pepper soft drink (2013) as part of their One of a kind Campaign.
Mickie James Favorite
- Favorite Cereal – Cocoa Pebbles, Honey Comb
- Favorite Restaurant – Arby’s
- Favorite Movies – My Fair Lady (1964), The Princess Bride (1987)
- Favorite Superhero – Wonder Woman
- Favorite About Wrestling – Playing Different Characters
- Favorite Historical Icon – Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley
- Favorite Song – Wild Horses (1971) by The Rolling Stones
- Favorite Song From Her First Album – Don’t Apologize (Possibly inspired by the break-up from John Cena)
- Favorite Country Singer – Dolly Parton
- Favorite Musical Influences – Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Tanya Tucker, Garth Brooks
- Favorite Feud – With Tara (Lisa Marie Varon) in TNA, With Trish Stratus in WWE
- Favorite Sports Team – Dallas Cowboys (American Football)
Mickie James Net worth
Mickie James is a american professional wrestler with an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Mickie James
- Instagram – themickiejames
- Twitter – Mickie James
- YouTube Channel – Mickie James
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mickie James
- She developed a passion for wrestling because she used to watch it on TV with her father during her childhood. The sport was the main source of bonding between the two.
- After her parents got divorced, living on her maternal grandmother’s horse farm was a huge part of Mickie’s upbringing which instilled in her a massive love for horses.
- She practiced playing the violin for 5 years during her middle school and high school years and was also a member of her school choir.
- Even in her high school years, Mickie worked as a lifeguard at Kings Dominion during her summer vacation and waitresses at the Cracker Barrel in Ashland for the rest of the school year.
- While working at a bar in Shockoe, Mickie started learning MMA, particularly, Aikido in her late teens. She wanted a break in professional wrestling or the music industry but did not know where or how to get started.
- To pay her bills during the initial days of her struggle, Mickie worked as a waitress at Olive Garden restaurant and posed n*de for magazines such as Leg Show and Naughty Neighbors.
- Mickie got her start as a valet named Alexis Laree for KYDA Pro.
- Her grandmother bought a horse for her when she was 11 years old.
- According to a 2010 interview, Mickie owns 3 Morgan horses named Rhapsody, Bunny and Casanova.
- After retiring from wrestling, Mickie intends to give all her time to maintaining a horse farm and to become an Equine trainer.
- She often addresses her fans as James Gang.
- She has a pet dog Elvis, named after Elvis Presley and another dog called Butch.
- Her best friend Melissa Baur is a 5th-grade elementary school teacher who lives across Mickie’s street.
- Her best friend shared that Mickie is extremely family oriented and goes out of her way to spend time with her extended family.
- She has been featured as a character in several WWE video games.
- She was ranked #1 female wrestler by Pro Wrestling Illustrated in 2009.
- She won her first WWE Women’s Championship at Wrestlemania 22 in 2006 after defeating Trish Stratus.
- She is the only woman in the wrestling history who has formerly won all the 3 main wrestling titles, namely, WWE Women’s Championship, WWE Divas Title and the TNA Knockouts Championship.
- In June 2013, James starred in a Dr Pepper advert, which featured “One of a Kind” individuals talking about the role of Dr. Pepper in their lives.
- In November 19, 2016, James released a new song entitled “Shooting Blanks”.
- In October 14, 2017, James was inducted into The Native American Music Awards Hall of Fame. She also received a Nammy for “Song of the Year” for her recording “Shooting Blanks”.
- In October 13, 2018, James won “Best Single Recording” for her song “Left Right Left” at the Native American Music Awards.
- In 2018, Mickie is a 5 time WWE Women’s Championship winner, one time WWE Diva title holder and a 3 time TNA Knockout Championship winner which adds up to 9 titles to her credit and that is also a national record in the wrestling industry.
- James has appeared in seven WWE video games. She made her in game debut at WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 and appears in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011, WWE 2K18 and WWE 2K19.
- Visit her official website @ mickiejames.com.