Melanie Sykes is an English television and radio presenter and model. She is best known for co-hosting Today with Des and Mel with Des O’Connor and Let’s Do Lunch with Gino D’Acampo. She appeared as a contestant on the 14th season of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, finishing in third place, behind runner-up Jake Quickenden and winner Carl ‘Foggy’ Fogarty.
Melanie Ann Sykes
Model, Television and Radio Presenter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Melanie Sykes was born on August 7, 1970, in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England.
She’s currently 48 years old.
She is of Anglo-Burmese on her father’s side and Anglo-Indian on her mother’s side.
Melanie attended Mossley Hollins High School in Mossley, Tameside, Greater Manchester. Post that, she went to Ashton Sixth Form College to study A-level Religious Studies.
- Father – Robert Sykes
- Mother – Wendy Sykes
- Siblings – Samantha (Older Sister), Stacy (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie Sykes has dated –
- Matt Goss (1992-1997) – From 1992 to 1997, singer Matt Goss and Melanie Sykes were romantically linked to each other.
- Jamie Theakston (1998) – In 1998, she had fling with radio personality, Jamie Theakston.
- Max Beesley (1999) – American actor, Max Beesley and Melanie dated for couple of months in 1999.
- Chris Evans (Presenter) (2000) – In 2000, Sykes had an encounter with Disc Jockey, presenter, radio and TV producer Chris Evans (not to be confused with Chris Evans, who is famous as Captain America).
- Mick Hucknall (2000) – Again in 2000, she had fling with another singer Mick Hucknall.
- Daniel Caltagirone (2000-2008) – In April 2000, Mel and Italian actor Daniel Caltagirone started dating each other. After dating for couple of months, the duo married in January 2001. The couple has two children – Roman (born – 2002) and Valentino Luca (born – July 21, 2004). The couple divorced in June 2009, but had split back in July 2008.
- Jack Cockings (2010-2013) – Toyboy Jack Cockings and Melanie met in 2012 over Twitter. The couple started dating in August 2012 and on May 18, 2013, the couple married at Sherborne Castle in Dorset. Due to an assault, Mel was arrested by police in November 2013. She, then filed for divorce and the duo separated in December 2013.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 37-25-36
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Co-hosting Today with Des and Mel (now defunct) with Des O’Connor from 2002 to 2006. She is also known for co-hosting ITV’s Let’s Do Lunch with Gino & Mel with Gino D’Acampo since 2011.
Even though, Sykes hasn’t appeared in any feature film, she was cast in a 6 minute short film Justified Technophobe.
Melanie began her television career as as the reporter of Planet 24’s production of light entertainment TV show, The Big Breakfast from 1997 to 2001. Thereafter, she has presented several hit TV shows and radio features.
Sykes has featured in numerous TV commercials for Boddington’s beer, Head & Shoulders, Matalan stores, BrightHouse (voiceover), Morrisons supermarkets, Churchill Insurance Services “Paris”, Take a Break magazine, Berlei lingerie and others.
Melanie Sykes Favorites
- Favorite Food – Pork Scratchings
- Favorite Book – The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Favorite Film – Kes (1969)
- Favorite Song – Live Forever (By Oasis)
- Favorite Spiritual Home – Dorset
Melanie Sykes Net worth
Melanie Sykes English television presenter has a net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Melanie Sykes
- Mel first shot to nationwide fame appearing in a memorable Boddington’s Beer commercial in which she wore a bikini.
- Sykes has hosted a lot of award ceremonies, including Miss World, the BAFTA Awards and the Q Awards.
- Her television credits include “The Big Breakfast”, “Eastenders Revealed”, “Melanie Sykes Southall Stories”, “Today with Des and Mol”, “The Vault”, “Celebrities Under Pressure”, “Gene Detectives”, “Let’s Do Lunch with Gino and Mel”, and “Missing Millions”.
- She co-hosted the BBC Radio 2 show Going Out with Alan Carr from 2010 to 2012.
- Sykes posed naked for the December 2011 edition of men’s magazine Esquire.
- Sykes has her own line of underwear and lingerie with high street chain and retailer Debenhams.
- In June 2016, Sykes launched a lifestyle website which features fitness, food and lifestyle content as well as celebrity interviews and competitions.
- Sykes was also offered a feature role in Die Another Day (2002), but she passed.