Mel Robbins is an American podcast host, author, motivational speaker, and former lawyer. She is known for her TEDx talk, “How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over”; and her books, The 5 Second Rule and The High 5 Habit, as well as host of The Mel Robbins Podcast. She became well-known after covering the George Zimmerman trial for CNN. Her TED lecture, How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over, helped her gain even more notoriety. She collaborated with Audible to release the Audible Original programs Kick Ass with Mel Robbins. In 2014, Robbins received the Gracie Award for Outstanding Host–News/Non-fiction.
Melanie Lee Schneeberger
Podcast Host, Author, Motivational Speaker, and Former Lawyer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mel Robbins was born on the 6th of October 1968, in Kansas City, Missouri, United States.
She’s currently 54 years old.
Robbins attended Dartmouth College. In 1994, she received a J.D. degree from Boston College Law School.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mel Robbins has dated –
- Christopher Robbins (1996-Present) – In 1996, Robbins married entrepreneur Christopher Robbins. They have three children.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.60 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Robbins became known as a TV hosts and motivational speakers in history. She has even given TEDx talks on topics such as How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over and the book The 5-Second Rule. She was also a witness in George Zimmerman’s trial, and she covered the entire story for CNN.
Mel worked as a criminal defense attorney. She later became a legal analyst for CNN. She also appeared on shows such as The Mel Robbins Show, Monster In-Laws, and Someone’s Gotta Go. In 2011, Robbins released a book that quickly became a best-seller in the United States. Stop Saying You’re Fine: Discover a More Powerful You was the book’s title.
She had participated in several TEDx talks in San Francisco, where she spoke about a psychological trick she called the “5-second rule.” The entire speech was uploaded to YouTube, where it has received over 20 million views in just a few days and is still growing. She went on to become the most famous speaker on YouTube.
On February 28, 2017, Robbins’ second book, The 5 Second Rule, was released. It was named a top nonfiction book on Audible in the same category. In 2017, it was named audible’s publication of the year in the category of self-development. Later that month, in June 2018, she collaborated with Audible to create an original program called Kickass with Mel Robbins.
In 2019, Mel even released Take Control of Your Life. On September 16, 2019, she appeared on The Mel Robbins Show, a daytime television show produced in collaboration with Sony Pictures Television. Unfortunately, the show was canceled in January 2020 due to low viewership.
Mel Robbins Net worth
Mel Robbins has an estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mel Robbins
- Robbins was born in Kansas City, Missouri, and grew up in North Muskegon, Michigan. There is no information on Robbins’ siblings.
- She started her career as a criminal defense attorney. She worked for Cox Media group.
- Mel is currently a legal commentator for CNN, where she appears often across the network’s programming.
- She is known for covering the George Zimmerman trial for CNN; She hosted Cox Media Group’s The Mel Robbins Show, A&E’s Monster In-Laws, and Fox’s Someone’s Gotta Go.
- Later in her career, she worked as a business and life coach for a number of executive clients and businesses.
- Robbins’ most well-known coaching clients include Johnson & Johnson and Dunkin’ Donuts.
- In 2014, she received the Gracie Award for Outstanding News Talk Show Host – News, Non-fiction for her efforts.
- Her books gained instant popularity and recognition from the public because they helped ordinary people overcome their problems and become more motivated in their lives.
- On September 16, 2019, her syndicated daytime talk show with Sony Pictures Television, The Mel Robbins Show, premiered.
- On January 29, 2020, Sony announced that the show would be canceled following its first season due to low ratings.