Laine Hardy is an American singer from Livingston, Louisiana, and the seventeenth season winner of American Idol. Hardy became an overnight star after his talent featured in the reality series. In fact, he also survived the Groups of Ten. He was later presented in a group “The Soul 4’s” along with Mia Desaris, Kaitlann Runnells, and Juliana Madrid. After getting out from the competition, he went back to his hometown and began to work on his music even more earnestly. Since 2016, Laine has been a member of a group named The Band Hardy, and performing with them at bars, festivals, and fairs has helped him develop his confidence and skills.
Country Rock, Country, Rock, Southern Rock, Pop Rock, Anthem Rock
Birthday / Date of Birth
Laine Hardy was born on the 12th of September 2000, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States.
He’s currently 22 years old.
He is of Korean descent.
In 2018, Laine attended French Settlement High School, graduating.
- Father – Barry Hardy (General Contractor)
- Mother – Cindy Lou Hardy (Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Kyle (Older Brother), Brittany Banta (Older Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Laine Hardy has dated –
Laine has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
He wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Laine became known after becoming the winner of season 17 of American Idol (2019). He has released several EPs like, In the Bayou (2018) and numerous songs including Flame (2019) and Ground I Grew Up On (2020).
When Laine turned 14, he started performing with his cousins and brother. Band Hardy was his first interaction with performance and writing songs. At first, he only played the guitar in the band’s performances in restaurants and bars. Then, thanks to the help of his band members, he started writing and singing in the band.
Laine Hardy Net worth
Laine Hardy has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Laine Hardy
- Hardy was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and raised in Livingston, Louisiana. His maternal grandmother is a Korean immigrant from Seoul.
- He learned to play the guitar when he was eight, and by the time he was 14, he was performing in a band with his brother and cousins called the Band Hardy in local bars and restaurants.
- Although initially he did not sing, he was encouraged by his brother to sing.
- Laine first auditioned for the sixteenth season of American Idol, but making it to the top 50.
- He did not intend to audition for the seventeenth season, but accompanied his friend Ashton Gill to play guitar at her audition, and was encouraged by judges Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie to audition again. This time he made it all the way to the final and won the competition.
- In 2018, he released few singles along with an EPs titled In the Bayou. Later that year he released the song Blue Christmas. Following his win on American Idol, his coronation song Flame was released on May 19, 2019.
- On September 17, 2019, he announced his first headline tour across America. The tour ran from September 28 to December 7, 2019.
- Hardy also owns an e-commerce website where he sells T-shirts, accessories, and other clothing items.
- In April 2022, Laine was arrested after he was accused of bugging his ex-girlfriend’s dorm room. It was later reported that Hardy was cooperating with investigators following his arrest.