Kodak Black is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. He has released albums, tracks, extended plays, and mixtapes such as Dying to Live, Painting Pictures, Haitian Boy Kodak, Bill Israel, Heart of the Projects, Lil B.I.G. Pac, Project Baby, Project Baby 2, Heart Break Kodak, Happy Birthday Kodak, Tunnel Vision, No Flockin’, Patty Cake, First Day Out, Roll in Peace, Zeze, Calling My Spirit, Take One, Because of You, Codeine Dreaming, Wake Up in the Sky, Horses, There He Go, and If I’m Lyin, I’m Flyin. Black second album, Dying to Live, peaked at number one on the Billboard 200 and was supported by the single Zeze, which peaked at number 2 on the Hot 100.
Kodak Black, J-Black, Bill Kahan Blanco
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
Hip Hop, Trap, Mumble Rap
Dollaz N Dealz, Sniper Gang, Atlantic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kodak Black was born on the 11th of June 1997, in Pompano Beach, Florida, United States.
He’s currently 25 years old.
He has Haitian ancestry on both his parents’ sides.
In 2014, Kodak Black got enrolled at the Blanche Ely High School in Pompano Beach to pursue his high school diploma.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Marcelene Octave
- Siblings – John Wicks (Older Brother). He also has a younger brother.
Girlfriends / Spouse
Kodak Black has dated –
- Maya – Black was in a relationship with a woman named Maya in the past. She is the mother of his first child. He has often called her out on social media for making it difficult for him to meet his son. She has rebutted (numerous times) his allegations and has accused him of not even making an effort to look after his child. She has also accused him of not supporting her financially in raising their son.
- Mellow Rackz – Kodak is engaged to Mellow Rackz, a fellow rapper who is now his fiancée. The 23-year-old musician proposed to his fiancée in mid-February 2021 with a plane in the skies carrying the phrase, “Melody, you might as well marry me. I adore you.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 meters
- In Kilograms – 66 kg
- In Pounds – 145.5 lbs
He wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Kodak gained initial recognition with his single “No Flockin”. He is famous for his album, Painting Pictures (2017), and Dying to Live. Beside that he has got fame through his albums, tracks, extended plays, and mixtapes such as Dying to Live, Painting Pictures, Haitian Boy Kodak, Bill Israel, Heart of the Projects, Lil B.I.G. Pac, Project Baby, Project Baby 2, Heart Break Kodak, Happy Birthday Kodak, Tunnel Vision, No Flockin’, Patty Cake, First Day Out, Roll in Peace, Zeze, Calling My Spirit, Take One, Because of You, Codeine Dreaming, Wake Up in the Sky, Horses, There He Go, and If I’m Lyin, I’m Flyin.
In March 2017, Black released his debut studio album, Painting Pictures, which made its debut on US Billboard 200 at the 3rd position. The album was certified as gold by RIAA.
In 2017, Kodak made his first TV show appearance in the Keep Your Head Up episode of the comedy show, Crank Yankers.
Kodak Black Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Chadwick Boseman
- Favorite Actress – Zendaya
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Hobby – Listening to Music, Playing Video Games
- Favorite Food – Steak, Fries, Mexican Food
- Favorite Destination – Miami
Kodak Black Net worth
Kodak Black has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kodak Black
- Kodak started his rap journey at the age of 12 after he became a member of a rap group called Brutal Youngnz and adopted the stage name J-Black.
- When he was 16 years old, he was kicked out of his home.
- When he was growing up, his mother became a victim of a robbery as the assailants took off with his family’s tax return money. The incident hardened him and pushed him towards crime. It also inspired a verse in his single, Signs.
- His first arrest was for burglary and at the time of his arrest, he wasn’t even 16 years old. He had to spend 21 days in jail. However, he was prepared for it because he was robbing long enough to know what was in store for him.
- So bad was his involvement in crime in his teenage years that he had to be placed in a youth detention center three times in a single year.
- In August 2016, Kodak appeared in court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida after having been arrested on numerous occasions on a wide range of charges that included false imprisonment of a child, possession of cannabis, and fleeing from police officers.
- The woman accusing him of sexual assault revealed that she had attended his performance at Treasure City in Florence after which she joined him in his hotel room, where he tore her clothes off before biting her and raping her.
- In January 2017, he landed in a major controversy as he broadcasted a video on Instagram of him with a couple of men in a hotel room with a lone woman performing oral s*x on them.
- In February 2017, his musical tour had to be postponed after he was arrested for violating his probation. A couple of months later, he was sentenced for violating his house arrest as well.
- In June 2017, Kodak was caught up in a controversy when he said that he didn’t like black girls while interacting with fans during an Instagram Live Stream. After trying to clarify his comments, he deactivated his Instagram account and took shots at his critics on Twitter.
- On November 11, 2020, he released his third studio album, Bill Israel, via Atlantic Records and it features guest appearances from Tory Lanez, Jackboy, Gucci Mane, CBE, and Lil Yachty. Also, the album was ranked at number #20 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #42 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- He is pretty fond of tattoos and has got cross tattooed on both his cheeks as well as forehead. He has also got a knife tattooed on the right side of his neck.
- In June 2021, he was seen throwing nearly $100,000 into the ocean while on a boat for which he received criticism as people wanted him to do something better with that cash.
- In February 2022, while attending Justin Bieber‘s afterparty in Los Angeles, Kodak was shot in the leg. However, his injuries were not life-threatening.
- In July 2022, Kodak was arrested in Florida and was charged with trafficking oxycodone and possession of a controlled substance.