Kim Chiu is a Filipino actress, singer, recording artist and television host. Kim garnered acclaim at a young age for her acting performances on television and film. She is known as Philippine showbiz’s Chinita Princess and once hailed Princess of Philippine Movies and TV for three consecutive years in the Philippines. Kim Chiu started her showbiz career at the age of 16 after winning the first teen edition of the reality show Pinoy Big Brother.
Kim then, starred in the television series, Sana Maulit Muli which won her the year’s Most Promising Female Star and Most Popular loveteam with Gerald Anderson at GMMSF. She also starred in multiple commercially successful films including Bride for Rent, I Love You, Goodbye, Bakit Hindi Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo?, Etiquette for Mistresses and The Ghost Bride.
Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu
Kim, Chinita Princess
Actress, Singer, Dancer, Recording Artist, Television Host, Social Media Influencer, YouTube Star
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kim Chiu was born on the 19th of April 1990, in Tacloban, Leyte, Philippines.
She’s currently 30 years old.
She is of Chinese descent on her father’s side and has Filipino ancestry on her mother’s side.
Kim Chiu attended the University of the Philippines Open University.
- Father – William Chiu, (Businessman)
- Mother – Louella (née Yap)
- Siblings – John Paul Yap Chiu (Older Brother), Wendolyn Chiu (Older Sister), Lakam Chiu (Older Sister), a younger sibling and other younger half-siblings.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Chiu has dated –
- Gerald Anderson (2006-2010) – Chiu dated co-star Gerald Anderson from 2006 to 2010.
- Xian Lim (2011-Present) – Kim began dating fellow Star Magic artist and leading man, Xian Lim in 2012 which was confirmed in a 2013 episode of Kris TV. They acknowledged they were exclusively dating. On November 15, 2018, Kim Chiu finally confirms her relationship with Lim on her interview on Tonight with Boy Abunda.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Kim is known as Philippine showbiz’s Chinita Princess and once hailed Princess of Philippine Movies and TV for three consecutive years in the Philippines. She is currently managed and under contract to Star Magic, ABS-CBN’s homebased talent agency and is referred to as the Dance Floor Diva.
In 2007, Kim had her first film onscreen role in the movie I’ve Fallen For You under Star Cinema and continually appeared in numerous advertisements.
In 2007, Chiu launched her debut album Gwa Ai Di under Star Records, which included the single Crazy Love. It reached a Gold Record status.
In 2006, Kim started her showbiz career at the age of 16 after winning the first teen edition of the reality show Pinoy Big Brother of ABS-CBN.
Kim Chiu has done promotional work for several brands including Belo Medical Group, Seoul White Korea, Chowking, Berocca Philippines and Garnier Philippines.
Kim Chiu Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Kim Chiu Net worth
Kim Chiu has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kim Chiu
- Her parents separated when she was around 8 years old.
- She grew up under the care of her paternal grandmother and spent her childhood years in places like Tacloban, Leyte, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, General Santos City and Mindoro.
- She has also been associated with several organizations and charities like Philippine National Red Cross and Sagip Kapamilya.
- Kim can speak in languages like Cebuano (Visayan), Tagalog, English and Mandarin Chinese.
- In 2007, Chiu starred in the primetime TV series entitled Sana Maulit Muli alongside Anderson which was released to significant acclaim.
- In 2008, Chiu was cast in the Philippine adaptation of the South Korean TV series My Girl.
- In 2009, Chiu secured her name as a top actress in the highly acclaimed TV series entitled Tayong Dalawa. She garnered several acting awards for her portrayal of Audrey, a woman who is loved by two military men.
- In 2010, she then starred in the romance film Paano Na Kaya released nationally and internationally.
- In 2011, Chiu starred in romantic-comedy television series titled My Binondo Girl alongside Xian Lim, Matteo Guidicelli and Jolo Revilla.
- In 2012, Chiu starred in a horror film with Vilma Santos entitled The Healing. She played a woman who is cured of glomerulonephritis through a healer but must suffer a curse.
- In 2013, Kim Chiu was ranked as 131st top taxpayer in the Philippines with ₱9.3M in income taxes.
- In January 2014, Chiu cemented her commercial draw with the romantic-comedy movie entitled Bride for Rent.
- In 2015, Chiu passed the UPCAT and enrolled in University of the Philippines’s UPOU program for business courses.
- In 2016, she starred on the hit Philippine romantic drama, The Story of Us. Her performance as Tin Manalo gave her another Best Actress Awards from 6th EdukCircle Awards, 6th OFW Parangal Awards and Guillermo Mendoza.
- In December 2018, her movie One Great Love became part of Regal Film’s official entry to the 2018 Metro Manila Film Festival.