Julia Garner is an American actress. She is best known for her starring role as Ruth Langmore in the Netflix crime drama series Ozark, for which she won the 2019 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. Garner also had roles in the FX spy drama series The Americans, the Netflix dark comedy-drama miniseries Maniac and as Terra Newell, daughter of Debra Newell, in the Bravo true crime anthology series Dirty John.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Julia Garner was born on the 1st of February 1994, in the Bronx, New York City, New York, United States.
She is currently 25 years old.
She has English, Scottish, Irish and German ancestry on her father’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Julia dropped out of school before completing the 11th grade. After that, she secured a General Education Development certificate. Later, she pursued film learning at the Columbia University.
- Father – Thomas Garner (Artist)
- Mother – Tami Gingold (Therapist, Comedienne, Actress)
- Siblings – Anna Garner (Older Sister) (Writer, Producer, Artist)
- Relatives – James Parent Garner (Paternal Grandfather), Georgia Ann Trebilcock (Paternal Grandmother), Zeev Gingold (Maternal Grandfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Garner has dated –
- Mark Foster – Julia Garner is dating the Foster the People lead singer Mark Foster for a while now. She got engaged to her boyfriend in April of last week during a trip to Yellowstone National Park.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-33
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Julia Garner got her first major breakthrough with the Netflix crime drama series Ozark in 2017. She plays the role of a 19 year old woman named Ruth Langmore who is part of a local criminal family.
In 2011, Julia made her theatrical film debut as Sarah in the thriller drama movie, Martha Marcy May Marlene.
In 2015, She made her first TV show appearance as Kimberly Breland in the mystery crime drama series, The Americans. She played the role of Kimberly Breland through seasons 4 through 6.
Fashion Show Debut
Julia made her fashion show debut in the Summer /Spring 2016 Fashion Show by walking the ramp for Balenciaga.
Julia has endorsed many brands including Miu Miu.
Awards & Nominations
|2017||Boston Globe, Best TV Performances||Best Television Performances||Ozark||Won|
|2018||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|Critics’ Choice Television Awards||Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress in a Movie/Miniseries||Dirty John||Nominated|
|2019||Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Ozark||Won|
Julia Garner Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Bette Davis
- Favorite Modeling Shows – Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu
- Favorite All-Time Favorite Movie – All About Eve (1950)
- Favorite Films – Annie Hall (1977), Rosemary’s Baby (1968), Babel (2006), The Student Prince in Old Heidelberg (1927)
- Favorite Color – Red, Black
- Favorite Hobbies – Dancing
Julia Garner Net worth
Julia Garner has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2019. Besides acting, she also endorses brands and products, which also contributed to her net worth.
Social Media Portfolio
- Instagram – juliagarner94
Some Lesser Known Facts About Julia Garner
- At Age 15, she began her professional acting career and within a few years, she made a name for herself in Hollywood.
- She cites Italian actress Monica Vitti and American actress Bette Davis to be major influences in acting.
- In 2012, she was auditioned for a role in David Chase’s drama film Not Fade Away however she was not selected for the role. Impressed by her performance, the director created a small part for her and cast her in the film.
- Julia is close friends with actress Juno Temple.
- Two of her major influences are Italian actress Monica Vitti and American actress Bette Davis.
- In 2013, she starred alongside Ashley Bell in the horror film The Last Exorcism Part II, and played the lead in the American remake of the Mexican horror film We Are What We Are.
- In 2015, Garner had a recurring role on the third season of FX’s The Americans. She continued the role on a recurring basis in seasons 4 through 6.
- Garner has also acted in another Netflix series, Maniac, as Ellie, the sister of main character Annie, played by Emma Stone.
- In 2016, she had to forfeit her debut role in Noah Haidle’s off-Broadway comedy-drama, Smokefall, held at the MCC Theater due to schedule clashes.
- In 2019, she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role in the Netflix crime drama series Ozark.