Joe Scarborough is an American television host, attorney, political commentator, and former politician who is the co-host of Morning Joe on MSNBC with his wife Mika Brzezinski. He previously hosted Scarborough Country on the same network. A former member of the Republican Party, Scarborough served in the United States House of Representatives for Florida’s 1st district from 1995 to 2001. Scarborough was also a visiting fellow at the Harvard Institute of Politics at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. In 2011, Joe was named Time 100 as one of the most influential people in the world.
Charles Joseph Scarborough
Host, Actor, Writer, Producer, Politician
Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Power Pop
He has released his music via RED Music and Sony Music.
Independent (2017–Present), Republican (Before 2017)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Joe Scarborough was born on the 9th of April 1963, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
He’s currently 60 years old.
Scarborough is of English descent.
Scarborough attended Pensacola Catholic High School in Pensacola, Florida and then moved on to study at the University of Alabama, In 1985, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History. In 1990, Later, he joined the University of Florida College of Law and graduated with a Juris Doctor degree.
- Father – George Francis Scarborough (Businessman)
- Mother – Mary Joanna (née Clark)
- Siblings – George Scarborough (Brother), Carol Ward (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Scarborough has dated –
- Melanie Hinton (1986-1999) – In 1986, Joe married Melanie Hinton and the duo parents 2 sons, namely, Joey and Andrew. In 1999, After being together for more than 10 years, they got divorced.
- Susan Waren (2001-2013) – In October 2001, Scarborough got married to Susan Waren and they have 2 children – a daughter named Kate and a son named Jack. In January 2013, However, they divorced.
- Mika Brzezinski (2016-Present) – In 2016, Joe started dating journalist, talk show host, liberal political commentator, and author, Mika Brzezinski, and on November 24, 2018, they married in Washington D.C. The marriage was officiated by the late politician and civil rights advocate, Elijah Cummings.
- In feet – 6 feet 3½ inches
- In centimeters – 192 cm
- In meters – 1.92 m
- In Kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 177 lbs
Salt and Pepper
He wears a size 13 (US) shoe.
Joe became known for being the co-host of the morning news and talk show, Morning Joe, on MSNBC. As a Republican, he served in the United States House of Representatives (1995-2001).
In 2012, Scarborough had his first film onscreen role in the movie, The Campaign.
In April 2003, Joe embarked upon a television career with the launch of Scarborough Country on MSNBC.
On June 23, 2017, Scarborough released his debut EP, Mystified. A music video for the title track of the new wave-inspired EP was also released on the same day. Scarborough said he planned to release a new EP every month for the following four years.
In 1993, Joe opposed the rise in property taxes in Pensacola, which earned him prominence in the political arena. As a result, the following year, he became the first Republican congress representative in 121 years to be elected from Florida’s 1st District. During his tenure, Scarborough served the committees of the Judiciary, National Security, the Armed Services, Government Reform and Oversight, Civil Service, and Education. He was a member of the New Federalists, a small group formed by young Republican members of the Congress.
During the 1994 congressional election campaign, he signed the legislative agenda known as the Contract with America. Scarborough was re-elected in 1996, while in 1998 and 2000, he ran opposite only write-in candidates. In May 2001, Scarborough announced his resignation. He was still left with 5 months to complete his fourth term in the Congress.
Joe Scarborough Net worth
Joe Scarborough has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Joe Scarborough
- Instagram – joescarborough
- Twitter – Joe Scarborough
Some Lesser Known Facts About Joe Scarborough
- Scarborough was born in Atlanta the son of Mary Joanna (née Clark) and George Francis Scarborough, a businessman.
- In 1969, his family moved to Meridian, Mississippi, and then in 1973, to Elmira, New York and in 1978, Pensacola, Florida.
- In 1991, Joe was admitted to the Florida Bar and practiced law in Pensacola.
- In 1993, Scarborough’s most high-profile case was briefly representing Michael F. Griffin, who murdered Dr. David Gunn.
- He’s political profile was also raised when he assisted with a petition drive, in late-1993, opposing a proposed sixty-five percent increase in Pensacola’s property taxes.
- In 1994, Scarborough was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives for Florida’s 1st congressional district, becoming the first Republican to represent the Florida Panhandle since Reconstruction.
- In 1998, he was named chairman of the Civil Service Committee.
- He was still left with 5 months to complete his fourth term in the Congress. Scarborough stated that he had decided to resign so that he could spend more time with his family.
- Scarborough began his TV career with the MSNBC show ‘Scarborough Country.’
- In October 2005, his first book, ‘Rome Wasn’t Burnt in a Day: The Real Deal on How Politicians, Bureaucrats, and Other Washington Barbarians Are Bankrupting America,’ released.
- In 2011, he was included in the Time 100 list as one of the most influential people in the world.
- On June 23, 2017, Scarborough released his first EP, Mystified. He has been cast in movies like Pitch Perfect 2, The Campaign, and Zoolander 2.