J-Hope is a South Korean rapper, songwriter, dancer and record producer. In 2013, J-Hope made his debut as a member of the South Korean boy band BTS, managed under Big Hit Entertainment. J-Hope released his first solo mixtape, Hope World, worldwide on March 1, 2018. The album was met with a positive reception. His debut at number 63 made him the highest charting solo Korean artist on the Billboard 200 at the time of the mixtape’s release.
Hobi, Hope, Smile Hoya, Bangtan’s Hope, Golden Hyung, Sunshine
Rapper, Dancer, Songwriter, Record Producer
Big Hit Entertainment
Birthday / Date of Birth
J-Hope was born on February 18, 1994 in Gwangju, South Korea.
J-Hope is currently 25 years old.
Hannam-dong, Seoul, South Korea
J-Hope studied at the Gwangju Global High School. After completing his school education, he joined the Global Cyber University. J-Hope also received a commissioned education in Gwangju in the Academy of Rap and Dance, after signing a contract with Big Hit.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Jung Da Won (Older Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
J-Hope has dated –
J-Hope is currently single and there aren’t any dating rumors linked to him as of yet. However, some media had reported that he had a girlfriend before fame and that they both split after she moved on with some other guy.
- In feet – 5 feet 9¾ inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
His body statistics are unknown.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’, ‘red’ or ‘pink’.
J-Hope wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
He gained enormous fame as a member of the Korean pop band, BTS (Bangtan Boys).
In June 12, 2013, BTS released their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool under the label Loen Entertainment and Big Hit Entertainment. The album has 9 songs including 2 hidden songs. “No More Dream” is the lead song on the album.
He hasn’t appeared in films.
In 2013, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show After School Club as a guest.
He has done endorsement works for brands like Snickers, Puma, Korean ASMR Crispy Fried Chicken and SK Telecom – CF NUGU.
- Favorite Color – Green, Red
- Favorite Season – Spring
- Favorite Number – 7
- Favorite Song To Listen To On Rainy Days – Remy Shand’s ‘Rocksteady’
- Favorite Song From Their Album Skool Luv Affair – Just One Day
J-Hope Net worth
J-Hope has an estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019. In 2016, he purchased a luxury apartment in South Korea worth $1.6 million for his personal use. As of 2019, he currently lives in Hannam-dong, Seoul, South Korea with his members.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About J-Hope
- He was discovered by Big Hit Entertainment in 2010. He was the first member to join as trainee in the boy band Bangtan Boys (BTS) and promoted to one of the lead vocalist and dacner in June 2013. The other members of the band are Jin, Suga, RM, Jimin, V and Jungkook.
- He can speak Korean, Japanese and English
- J-Hope has a dog named Mickey.
- His role model is Benzino.
- He has written the song “Mama” as a tribute to his mom. He says the song was written as a means to show that he has finally become a son she can be proud of.
- According to him, his ideal date would be, “I love the sea, I would like to walk down to the beach and hold hands (Laugh)”.
- J-Hope’s motto in life is: “If you don’t work hard, there won’t be good results”.
- In 2012, he got featured as a rapper in Jo Kwon’s song “Animal”.
- In 2013, J-hope started his professional singing career with the release of his single “No More Dream”, one of the lead tracks of the BTS’ debut album, “2 Cool 4 Skool”.
- In 2018, he was awarded the fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit by the President of South Korea along with other members of the group.
- In March 1, 2018, J-Hope released his first solo mixtape, Hope World, worldwide, along with a music video for the title track “Daydream”.
- In February 18, 2019, J-Hope donated 100 million Korean won (estimated $89,000 US dollars) to Child Fund Korea, in support of those attending his high school alma mater in Gwangju.
- Visit his band BTS’s official website @ ibighit.com.