Indira Devi was an Indian woman and the mother of prominent Telugu actor Mahesh Babu. She is also known for being the wife of veteran Telugu actor Krishna Ghattamaneni. According to Mahesh Babu, his mother never scolded him during his childhood. He remembered in a media interview that his mother was very polite and compassionate. On 28 September 2022, Indira died after suffering from illness at AIG Hospital in Hyderabad. The news of her demise was shared by her son Mahesh Babu on social media.
Shri Ghattamaneni Indira Devi
Birthday / Date of Birth
Indira Devi was born on the 20th of April 1952, in Andhra Pradesh, India.
She was died on the 28th of September 2022 (aged 70), in AIG Hospital in Hyderabad, India due to illness.
She has Indian ancestry.
Her educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Indira Devi has dated –
- Krishna Ghattamaneni (1961-2022) – Indira was married to Krishna Ghattamaneni, a veteran Telugu actor. The couple has two sons named Mahesh Babu, a noted Telugu actor and Ramesh Babu. Indira has three daughters named Padmavathi, Manjula, and Priyadarsini.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
Salt and Pepper
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Indira became known for Being the mother of noted Telugu actor Mahesh Babu. She is also known for being the wife of veteran Telugu actor Krishna Ghattamaneni. Her second daughter, Manjula works as an actress, producer, and director in the Telugu film industry.
Indira Devi Net worth
Indira Devi has an estimated net worth of $600K dollars as of 2023.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Indira Devi
- Indira was born Ghattamaneni Indira Devi in Andhra Pradesh. She prefers to keep her private life tucked away from public view and refrains from opening up on matters concerning her family or lifestyle.
- She was an Indian woman who was known for being the wife of the late veteran Telugu actor and the mother of the famous Telugu actor Mahesh Babu and Ramesh Babu actor-producer.
- On 10 January 2022, Ramesh dies due to an age-related illness. He was the founder of a production house named Krishna Productions Pvt. Ltd.
- Indira has three daughters named Padmavathi, Manjula, and Priyadarsini. Padmavathi is married to Galla Jaydev, a famous Indian businessman and a renowned politician who works as a Member of Parliament in Andhra Pradesh.
- Her second daughter, Manjula, is a Telugu film actress, producer, and director. Priyadarshini, her youngest daughter, is married to Telugu actor Sudheer Babu.
- Once, in a media interview, Mahesh Babu, his mother never scolded him during his childhood. He remembered in a media interview that his mother was very polite and compassionate.
- Likewise, the Indian celebrity mother has a quiet internet-free life. She enjoys spending time with her family away from the limelight.
- On 28 September 2022, Indira passed away at AIG Hospital in Hyderabad due to illness. Her child Mahesh Babu posted the insight about her passing via virtual entertainment.