Hayley Atwell is a British-American actress. She is known for her work in stage productions such as A View from the Bridge and onscreen, for period pieces, such as the 2008 drama The Duchess, the 2010 historical drama miniseries The Pillars of the Earth, her appearance as Evelyn Robin in Disney’s live action Winnie the Pooh film, Christopher Robin and for her portrayal of Peggy Carter in various films and television series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including the lead role in the ABC action adventure series Agent Carter.
Hayley Elizabeth Atwell
Birthday / Date of Birth
Hayley Atwell was born on April 05, 1982, in London, England, United Kingdom.
She is currently 37 years old.
She has American ancestry on her father’s side while she is of British descent on her mom’s side.
Hayley went to Sion-Manning Roman Catholic Girls’ School in London. Post that, she took admission into London Oratory School and gave her A-Levels. Hayley finally graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 2005.
- Father – Grant Atwell (Massage Therapist, Photographer, Shaman)
- Mother – Allison (née Cain) (Motivational Speaker)
- Siblings – None
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hayley Atwell has dated –
- Paul Wilson (2012) – In 2012, Hayley dated the Scottish musician Paul Wilson. He has served as a bass guitarist for the rock band Snow Patrol.
- Stephen Merchant (2013) – In 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating English writer, director, and actor, Stephen Merchant.
- Evan Jones (2014-2015) – In 2014, she started dating Keep Up musician and model Evan Jones. They dated for about 18 months and separated in July 2015.
- Feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- Centimeters – 170 cm
- Meters – 1.7 m
- Kilograms – 68 kg
- Pounds – 150 lbs
- Measurements – 37-27-36
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32DD
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 9 (US).
Best Known For
Playing Peggy Carter in a number of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe films and TV shows. She is also known for appearing in films like Cassandra’s Dream (2007), The Duchess(2008), and The Pillars of the Earth (2010).
Hayley debuted with 2007 dramatic thriller film Cassandra’s Dream for her role as Angela Stark. It was a starring role.
In 2006, Hayley appeared in the BBC drama series The Line of Beauty for her role as Catherine “Cat” Fedden in just three episodes.
She has been seen in a Pringles commercial.
Awards & Nominations
|2007||Monte-Carlo Television Festival||Golden Nymph Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Film||Fear of Fanny||Nominated|
|2008||British Independent Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Duchess||Nominated|
|2009||Empire Awards||Best Newcomer||N/A||Nominated|
|2010||Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film||The Pillars of the Earth||Nominated|
|Gemini Awards||Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Program or Miniseries||Nominated|
|Laurence Olivier Awards||Best Actress in a Supporting Role||A View from the Bridge||Nominated|
|2011||Scream Awards||Breakthrough Performance – Female||Captain America: The First Avenger||Nominated|
|Best Science Fiction Actress||Nominated|
|2014||Laurence Olivier Awards||Best Actress||The Pride||Nominated|
|2014||Saturn Awards||Best Actress on Television||Agent Carter||Nominated|
Hayley Atwell Favorites
- Favorite Jeans Brand – American Rag
- Favorite City – New York
- Favorite Drive – From Los Angeles to Los Gatos in California
- Favorite Hotel – The Four Seasons in Mexico City
- Favorite Place in the British Isles – Glencoe in the Scottish Highlands
Hayley Atwell Net worth
Hayley Atwell net worth is estimated at around $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hayley Atwell
- Hayley is skilled in horse riding and can period dance.
- When Hayley was 2, her parents split.
- Hayley has no brothers and sisters.
- In 2010, Hayley did a three-month course in art history from an Open University.
- In her life, she has felt quite genderless.
- She likes reading in her free time. She is a heavy literature fan.
- She shares her birth date with actress Lily James. Lily is 7 years her junior. They both are the alumnus of “Guildhall School of Music and Drama.”
- She is good friends with actress Emma Thompson.
- In 2015, she moved to Los Angeles to be close to the production of Agent Carter, although still retained her personal base in London.
- In a 2015 interview, Atwell discussed how her role as Peggy Carter influenced a then-recent tweet she made to her 319,000 Twitter followers about having her image digitally altered on the cover of a German magazine.
- In February 2016, Atwell was cast in the ABC series Conviction. The series aired 13 episodes between October 2016 and January 2017; in May 2017, ABC announced it had been cancelled.
- In 2019, Atwell starred opposite Tamara Lawrance in a three-part BBC adaptation of Andrea Levy’s novel The Long Song, about a slave on a sugar plantation in 19th-century Jamaica.