Gemma Chan is a British film, television and theatre actress and former fashion model. In 2006, she was a competitor on the first series of the reality television series Project Catwalk and made her acting debut in the independent horror serial When Evil Calls. She portrays Minn-Erva in the Marvel Studios superhero film Captain Marvel in 2019.
Actress, Former Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gemma Chan was born on November 29, 1982 in London, England, United Kingdom.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom
Gemma has Scottish-Chinese ancestry on her mother’s side.
Gemma completed her schooling from Newstead Wood School for Girls in Orpington in the London borough of Bromley. She later went on to complete her degree in law from Worcester College, Oxford. She then channeled her passion for acting and enrolled herself at the Drama Centre London.
- Father – He is an Engineer.
- Mother – Helen Born (Pharmacist)
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gemma Chan has dated –
- Jack Whitehall (2011-2017) – Comedian Jack met Gemma on the sets of Fresh Meat in 2011 and they instantly hit it off. The two began dating and moved in together. After 6 years together, the couple decided to call it quits in September 2017, due to their hectic work schedules.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her portrayal of diverse Asian characters on various television sitcoms like Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Fresh Meat, Doctor Who and The Waters of Mars.
Gemma made her theatrical film debut in the mystery-thriller When Evil Calls as Molly Nelson in 2006.
Gemma made her television show debut in the reality series Project Catwalk as a contestant in 2006.
Chan has been affiliated with Investec Derby Festival, UNICEF and Amnesty International in the past.
Gemma Chan Favorites
- Favorite Place – Ibiza
- Football Football Team – Arsenal
Gemma Chan Net worth
Gemma Chan has a net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gemma Chan
- Chan was raised near Sevenoaks, a town in west Kent, in South East England.
- She worked as a model and appeared in several ad campaigns for Nokia, Nivea Visage and Selfridges to supplement her drama school training.
- She was also featured in several magazines including Elle, Cosmopolitan and The Sunday Times Style.
- She learned ballet and how to play the violin when she was young.
- Chan made her professional stage debut in the British Premiere of Bertolt Brecht’s last play Turandot at the Hampstead Theatre, London.
- On 6 August 2013, Chan appeared as a guest on the “Cultural Exchange” feature of the BBC Radio 4 series Front Row, where she nominated the film The Princess Bride as an art work she loves.
- In September 2013, Chan appeared at the Old Bailey in central London as a witness to a fatal stabbing outside Putney Bridge tube station.
- In November 2013, Chan performed in the world premiere of Our Ajax by Timberlake Wertenbaker at the Southwark Playhouse, London.
- In July 2016, Chan provided the voice for the character of Dewdrop in BBC One’s animated miniseries Watership Down.
- In 2018, Chan co-starred as Astrid Leong-Teo in the film Crazy Rich Asians. She first heard about the novel Crazy Rich Asians from a text from her sister, read it on holiday, and “fell in love with Astrid”