DJ Sbu is a South African television and radio host. He has made notable impacts in the industry and his works speak for him. During his working time at YFM, he made credible impacts. In 2005, he joined the Johannesburg-based radio station and worked until 2010. Sbu co-owned the defunct independent label TS Records. He is the executive chairman of Leadership 2020, a company that inspires young entrepreneurs. Sbu owns beverage brand MoFaya and digital radio station Massiv Metro.
DJ, Producer, Businessperson
Birthday / Date of Birth
DJ Sbu was born on the 18th of May 1977, in Tembisa, South Africa.
He is currently 44 years old.
Sbu’s journey of academic pursuit began at Welamlambo Primary School. After completing his basic studies, he furthered at Central Secondary School, Pretoria. Sbu studied Sound Engineering at African Media University. After graduating, he attended Technikon Witwatersrand University. After a four-year study, he graduated with a certificate in electrical engineering.
- Father – Mothlegi Leope
- Mother – Ntombizodwa Mothlegi Leope
- Siblings – Boitumelo (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
DJ Sbu has dated –
- Disebo Makatsa – DJ Sbu was dating Disebo Makatsa, the love they shared made them a daughter. Though their relationship has ended, she remains his baby mama.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
He wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Sbu is famous for being a South African DJ, entrepreneur, radio, and record producer. Particularly he is famous for his hit songs For A Reason and Lengoma. He has gained fame for his work with Metro FM. He hosted the well-liked YFM weekend program Beauty and the Beast which has made him renowned.
DJ has endorsed many brand including Bathu.
DJ Sbu Net worth
DJ Sbu has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About DJ Sbu
- In 1998, Dj Sbu began his broadcasting career when he worked at Tembisa Info Radio which was a community radio station. He worked there for 18 months where he was responsible for producing and hosting popular weekend shows.
- In 2000, after serving the radio station, Dj Sbu decided to depart and start a journey with YFM, a South African Radio station.
- He worked as a producer and a host for another popular weekend show, Beauty and the Beast with Angela Ludek.
- In 2000, he was featured on Generations and was becoming known by other television series producers, more people wanted to feature him.
- In July 2000, Sbu also filmed a movie called Hang Time.
- His favorite singer is Miley Cyrus.
- In 2001, Dj was featured on Isidingo and starred on It Rained Last Night, a drama television series.
- In 2001, Sbu used to publish his writings through a monthly column in YFM. He also served as a Dj in the Vinyl Experience Meltdown Competition which was every Friday on Dj Fresh’s show, the Easy Drive.
- He continued his journey by presenting a talent search youth show, Gumbi Fire which was aired on SABC 1. Dj Sbu had a hunger to learn more about producing and hosting. He then became the host of a reality show, Friends Like These and next became the co-owner of a record label, TS Records.
- In 2005, DJ was announced as the new radio presenter for the YFM show, Y-Lens. He didn’t continue after a year due to personal commitments. He later joined Ukhozi FM, but he resigned after a short period and rejoined YFM.