Dana Perino is an American political commentator and author who served as the 26th White House Press Secretary, under President George W. Bush. She was the second female White House Press Secretary, after Dee Dee Myers, who served during the Clinton administration. She is a political commentator for Fox News, while also serving as a co-host of the network’s talk show The Five, and was a book publishing executive at Random House. On October 2, 2017, she began hosting The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino on Fox News. In 2021, Perino left The Daily Briefing to co-anchor America’s Newsroom with Bill Hemmer. In May 2023, Dana was awarded an honorary doctorate of Humane Letters from CSU Pueblo, her alma mater.
Dana Marie Perino
Political Commentator, Author
Birthday / Date of Birth
Dana Perino was born on the 9th of May 1972, in Evanston, Wyoming, United States.
She’s currently 51 years old.
Dana attended Ponderosa High School in Parker, a suburb southeast of Denver. Perino graduated from Colorado State University Pueblo with a bachelor’s degree in mass communications and minors in both political science and Spanish. Perino went on to obtain a master’s degree in public affairs reporting from the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS).
- Father – Leo Perino
- Mother – Janice Perino
- Siblings – Angie Perino (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dana Perino has dated –
- Peter McMahon (1997-Present) – In August 1997, Perino met her husband, English-born Peter McMahon. In 1998, They were married. In May 2012, she appeared on Jeopardy! during its “Power Players” week, facing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and CNBC’s David Faber.
- In feet – 5 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 155 cm
- In meters – 1.55 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Dana became known as the 24th White House Press Secretary who served under President George W. Bush from September 2007 to January 2009. During that time, Perino also acted as the coordinator for agencies on energy, environment, and natural resource issues, evaluating and approving the agencies’ chief announcements.
During her time at University of Illinois Springfield, Perino served as a reporter for WCIA, a CBS affiliate. She then worked as a staff assistant for Congressman Scott McInnis (R-CO) in Washington, D.C. before serving as the press secretary for Rep. Dan Schaefer (R-CO). In November 2001, she became a spokesperson in the Department of Justice, where she served for two years. Eventually, Perino joined the White House as the associate director of communications and worked with the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ). From 2005 to 2007, she worked as a Deputy Press Secretary.
From March 27 to April 30, 2007, Dana served as the replacement for Tony Snow and became the Acting White House Press Secretary in his absence while Snow underwent treatment for colon cancer. Then in September 2007, Perino was promoted and became the Assistant to the President and the White House Press Secretary. In January 2009, She served in these positions until the end of the Bush administration. Since her departure from the White House, Perino has been serving as a political commentator for Fox News. There, she hosts the talk program ‘The Five’.
In 2010, Perino began serving on the Broadcasting Board of Governors. The same year, she started a part-time teaching job at Graduate School of Political Management in George Washington University. In 2011, Dana Perino joined Crown Publishing Group, a part of Random House, Inc., as the Editorial Director. However, she no longer works for the company. On September 18, 2016, her podcast titled ‘Perino & Stirewalt: I’ll Tell You What’ debuted as a weekly series on the Fox News Channel.
Dana Perino Net worth
Dana Perino has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dana Perino
- Perino was Born in Evanston, Wyoming and grew up in Denver, Colorado. Two of her paternal great-grandparents were Italian immigrants.
- She was on the university’s forensics team and worked at KTSC-TV, the campus-based Rocky Mountain PBS affiliate. he also worked at KCCY-FM on the 2 to 6 a.m. shift.
- During her time at UIS, she also worked for WCIA, a CBS affiliate, as a daily reporter covering the Illinois Capitol. next worked in Washington, D.C. for Congressman Scott McInnis (R-CO) as a staff assistant before serving nearly four years as the press secretary for Rep.
- In 1998, After Schaefer announced his retirement Perino and husband Peter McMahon moved to Great Britain.
- In November 2001, Perino returned to Washington, D.C., and secured a position as a spokesperson for the Department of Justice, at which she served for two years.
- Perino then joined the White House staff as the associate director of communications for the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), where she provided strategic advice on message development, media relations and public outreach.
- The House Oversight Committee, chaired by Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-NY), claimed in its findings on climate change censorship, that the CEQ exerted undue control of media relations in governmental scientific agencies during her tenure.
- Since leaving the White House, Perino became a political commentator on Fox News. She is a regular co-host on the talk show, The Five.
- Dana is also known for her dog Jasper, a Vizsla. On September 4, 2021, Jasper died. A few months later, Dana announced on the Fox News Channel that she and her husband Peter adopted another Vizsla named Percy.