Cris Cyborg is Brazilian-American mixed martial artist who is currently the UFC Women’s Featherweight Champion. She is also a former Invicta FC World Featherweight Champion and a former Strikeforce Women’s Featherweight Champion. She works at a pet grooming shop and grew interested in MMA after learning that, unlike handball, MMA does not have a red card.
Cristiane Justino Venâncio
Mixed Martial Artists
Featherweight (MMA), Light middleweight (Boxing)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Cris Cyborg was born on the 9th of July 1985, in Curitiba, Brazil.
She’s currently 37 years old.
Cris Cyborg’s educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cris Cyborg has dated –
- Evangelista Santos (2005-2011) – In 2005, Cris first met her husband Evangelista Santos at the Chute Boxe Academy and they started to live together three months later. The couple later got married, following which she took up his nickname ‘Cyborg’, as well as his surname Santos. In December 2011, The couple split.
- Ray Elbe (2017-Present) – In 2017, Cyborg announced her engagement to longtime boyfriend, trainer, and former MMA athlete Ray Elbe.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 66 kg
- In Pounds – 145 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 33C
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Cyborg became known to prominence when she won the Strikeforce title on August 15, 2009, by defeating Gina Carano via first-round technical knock-out (TKO). Cyborg is widely regarded as one of the greatest female mixed martial artists of all time.
Cris made her professional debut in mixed martial arts at the age of 19 on May 17, 2005 at Showfight 2 against multiple time world BJJ champion Erica Paes.
Cris Cyborg Net worth
Cris Cyborg has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cris Cyborg
- Cyborg is a daughter of divorced parents and a father who had problems with alcoholism, Cristiane Justino started her sports career at the age of twelve, playing handball at a national level in Brazil.
- She subsequently won her next three fights in the Brazilian promotion Storm Samurai via first-round TKO finish, improving her record to 4-1.
- In 2006, she took a two-year sabbatical from professional fighting after her MMA fight.
- She faced Yoko Takahashi on October 4, 2008, at EliteXC: Heat, winning the fight by unanimous decision.
- In 2009, she was scheduled to face Dutch submission specialist Marloes Coenen at XMMA 7, but backed out of the fight after signing a new contract with Strikeforce. And Cyborg earned a BJJ Purple Belt under her jiu-jitsu instructor Cristiano Marcello.
- Cyborg first title defense against Marloes Coenen was postponed until January 30, 2010 at Strikeforce: Miami. She successfully defended her championship by TKOing her opponent in the third round at 3:40 minutes.
- On August 15, 2009, Cyborg first rose to prominence when she won the Strikeforce title, by defeating Gina Carano via first-round technical knock-out (TKO).
- In 2018, Cris legally adopted her teenage niece, making her historically the first mother to hold a UFC championship belt
- On September 3, 2019, she had signed a multi-fight deal with Bellator MMA.
- On January 25, 2020, Cyborg faced Julia Budd for the Bellator Women’s Featherweight Championship in Inglewood, California Bellator 238. She won the fight via technical knockout in round four.
- Cris claims that her most difficult fights were against Vanessa Porto at Storm Samurai and Yoko Takahashi at EliteXC. Interestingly, both battles were drawn out, but she was able to win by decision.
- On March 29, 2021, Cyborg is #1 in the Bellator Women’s pound-for-pound Rankings.