Brian Chesky is an American businessman and industrial designer and the co-founder and CEO of Airbnb. He is the 249th richest person in the world according to Forbes, with a net worth of $8.6 billion, mostly due to his ownership of 76 million shares of Airbnb. In May 2022, Chesky donated $100 million to the Obama Foundation to launch a scholarship program for students pursuing careers in public service. The Voyager Scholarship aims to support students in their junior and senior year of college with up to $50,000 in financial aid, a $10,000 stipend, and free Airbnb housing to pursue a summer work-travel experience; a $2,000 travel credit every year for 10 years following graduation; an annual summit; and a network of mentors. In June 2022, Chesky was featured among the 100 Most Powerful People in Global Hospitality by the International Hospitality Institute.
Brian Joseph Chesky
Entrepreneur and Industrial Designer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Brian Chesky was born on the 29th of August 1981, in Niskayuna, New York, United States.
He’s currently 42 years old.
Chesky beginning in 1999, attended the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), and in 2004, graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in industrial design.
- Father – Robert H Chesky (Social worker)
- Mother – Deborah Chesky (Social worker)
- Siblings – Allison Chesky (Younger sister)
In a Relationship
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian Chesky has dated –
- Elissa Patel – Brian is in a beautiful relationship with Elissa Patel, an artist. The couple first met on a dating app, Tinder. They have been together for a few years now and their relationship is still going very well. He hasn’t revealed any plans of settling down.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
He wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Brian became known as the co-founder and CEO of the hospitality exchange service, Airbnb. He was listed in 100 Most Influential People of 2015 by Times magazine. He is America’s Richest Entrepreneur of under 40 age. In 2018, Chesky was named the Bay Area Executive of the Year by American City Business Journals.
Brian Chesky Net worth
Brian Chesky has an estimated net worth of $9.6 billion dollars as of 2024.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Brian Chesky
- Brian hills from Niskayuna, New York, the son of Deborah and Robert H. Chesky; His father is of Polish and his mother of Italian origin. Chesky’s parents were both social workers.
- As a child, Chesky was interested in art, drawing replicas of paintings, and design, redesigning shoes and toys. He later became interested in landscape architecture and design.
- During his time at RISD, Chesky was influenced by the works of Charles Eames and Walt Disney. In his early 20s, he was also a hockey player and competitive bodybuilder.
- After attending college, Chesky worked as an industrial designer and strategist at 3DID, Inc. in Los Angeles. In 2007, he moved to San Francisco where he shared an apartment with Gebbia.
- He founded Airbnb with Gebbia and Harvard graduate and technical architect, Nathan Blecharczyk. Each co-founder assumed a role within the new company, with Chesky becoming the leader and chief executive officer.
- In its first year, the company began internationalizing and opened several offices in Europe. In 2011 , He wrote a letter on behalf of the company for its handling of a resident complaint about tenant vandalism by announcing a 24-hour hotline, additional staff support, and a guarantee for theft or vandalism.
- In 2015, Chesky was included on the Forbes list of America’s Richest Entrepreneurs Under 40. Chesky was recognized on the Time 100 for 2015.
- On June 11, 2016, Chesky joined Warren Buffett and Bill Gates’ The Giving Pledge, a group of billionaires who have committed to giving the majority of their wealth away.
- In December 2020, Airbnb became a public company via an initial public offering. In June 2022, Chesky was featured among the 100 Most Powerful People in Global Hospitality by the International Hospitality Institute.