Bad Bunny is a Puerto Rican rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and occasional professional wrestler. His musical style is primarily defined as Latin trap and reggaeton, although his music also incorporates various other elements from other genres. In 2016, he rose to prominence with his song “Diles”, which led to a deal with Hear This Music. He continued gaining traction with songs such as “Soy Peor” and collaborations with Farruko, Karol G, Ozuna, J Balvin, and more during the next few years. In 2018, His major breakthrough came with his feature on Cardi B’s number-one song “I Like It” alongside J Balvin, and his top-10 song “Mia” featuring Drake. Outside of music, Bad Bunny has ventured into professional wrestling in the American promotion WWE, making several non-wrestling appearances as well as wrestling in matches at WrestleMania 37 in 2021 and Backlash. He is also a one-time WWE 24/7 Champion.
Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record producer, Actor, Professional wrestler
Latin Trap, Reggaeton
Hear This Music
Birthday / Date of Birth
Bad Bunny was born on the 10th of March 1994, in Almirante Sur, Vega Baja, Puerto Rico.
He’s currently 29 years old.
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
Bunny joined the University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo to study audiovisual communication but left it midway to focus on his singing career.
- Father – Benito Martínez (Truck Driver)
- Mother – Lysaurie Ocasio Declet (Schoolteacher)
- Siblings – Bernie (Younger Brother), Bysael (Younger Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bad Bunny has dated –
- Carliz De La Cruz Hernández (2011-2017) – From 2011 to 2017, Bad dated Carliz De La Cruz Hernández. The couple reportedly attended college together.
- Gabriela Berlingeri (2017-Present) – In 2017, Bunny met jewelry designer Gabriela Berlingeri at a restaurant while dining with his family and the two began dating soon after. However, until 2020, he kept the relationship a secret and later explained his decision to publicly acknowledge their relationship by saying, “I am happy with her. [People] don’t know she has helped me a lot in emotional aspects when I needed it the most.” She has also helped him in recording the 2018 song, Te Guste, by providing scratch vocals for Jennifer Lopez‘s portions of the song and became the first Latina to shoot the cover of Rolling Stone when she photographed the rapper for the magazine’s May 2020 cover.
- Kendall Jenner (2023) – In February 2023, Bad was first linked with model and media personality Kendall Jenner after they were seen together in a club in Los Angeles. In March 2023, they were again spotted together at Sushi Park in West Hollywood, California.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’ or ‘pink’.
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Bad became known as a Spanish-language trap and reggeaton sensation who rose to fame with his hit single Soy Peor. He is also known for collaborating on the hits I Like It with J Balvin and Cardi B, MIA with Drake and Mayores with Becky G.
In 2017, Bunny released his first album titled, El Conejo Malo. It had 19 tracks which included collaborated work with some of the noted singers from the industry such as Arcangel, Almighty, Farruko, and Bryant Myers among others.
In 2021, Bad had his first film onscreen role in the movie F9 as Lookout.
In 2018, Bunny landed her first role in television by appearing as Himself in the series, Sugar.
Professional Wrestling Career
In 2021, A self-professed lifelong fan of professional wrestling, Bad Bunny began making appearances in the American promotion WWE. On January 31, 2021, During WWE’s annual Royal Rumble event held, Bad Bunny performed his song “Booker T” live, which also had an appearance by the former wrestler of the same name. He then began appearing on WWE’s weekly television show, Monday Night Raw. Wrestler Damian Priest, a fellow Puerto Rican, allied with Bad Bunny and helped him win the WWE 24/7 Championship from Akira Tozawa on the February 15 episode of Raw.
On the March 15 episode, he relinquished the 24/7 Championship to R-Truth in exchange for “Stone Cold” Steve Austin memorabilia, ending his reign at 28 days. At WrestleMania 37, Bad Bunny teamed with Damian Priest in a tag team match to defeat The Miz and John Morrison in his in-ring wrestling debut. At the 2022 Royal Rumble on January 29, Bad Bunny returned to WWE, competing in the men’s Royal Rumble match.
On March 8, 2023, it was announced that Bad Bunny would serve as the host for WWE’s upcoming event, Backlash, taking place in his native Puerto Rico. On April 1, 2023, Bad Bunny joined the Spanish announce team to commentate during the match between Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio on Night 1 of WrestleMania 39.
Bad Bunny Net worth
Bad Bunny has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bad Bunny
- Benito was born and raised in the Almirante Sur barrio of Vega Baja, Puerto Rico.
- As a child, he attended church weekly with his devoutly Catholic mother and sang in the church choir until age 13.
- After leaving the choir, he developed an interest in the artists he heard on the radio, particularly Daddy Yankee and Héctor Lavoe. His stage name originally came from a time in which he was forced to wear a bunny costume and was angry about it.
- Speaking about the Puerto Rican music industry, he stated, “I’m from Vega Baja, a small area that’s not a metropolis like San Juan where the majority of the genre’s artists have come from.”
- He started to write and create his own interpretations at the age of 14, until, in 2013, he began to publish his songs through SoundCloud, including “Get” in 2013, “Tentación” in 2014, “Just let me know” in 2015, among others.
- On October 14, 2017, Bunny arrived at the Somos Live benefit concert wearing a T-shirt that read “Are you tweeter or president?” directed towards Donald Trump.
- In August 2022, Bad was honored with the award for “Artist of the Year” at the MTV Video Music Awards. With this, he became the Latin artist to win this award.
- He established the Good Bunny Foundation in the past. In December 2022, With the organization, he handed out more than 20,000 gifts to kids in Puerto Rico.
- In March 2023, Bunny and Eladio Carrion released a new song titled Coco Chanel. During the 2023 Annual GLAAD Media Awards, Bad Bunny received the “Vanguard Award”.