Andreas Ehn is a Swedish investor and entrepreneur who has established himself by investing in promising startups. In 2000, he was co-founder of Spotify and is also an initial investor in the music streaming company. He also co-founded Wrapp, the mobile gift-giving platform, and was an investor from the beginning in businesses like Skype, King, Klarna, and many others. In addition to being Spotify’s CTO, Andreas Ehn was the organisation’s first employee. He stayed for nearly 3.5 years at the streaming service. Additionally, as its CTO, he was a major player in the system’s design.
Investor and Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Andreas Ehn was born was born on the 19th of February 1980, in Stockholm, Sweden.
He’s currently 43 years old.
He has Swedish ancestry.
Andreas attended the Royal Institute of Technology and in 1998, graduated with a degree in software engineering.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andreas Ehn has dated –
- Lisa Enckell – Andreas married with Lisa Enckell. He currently lives in Singapore with Lisa Enckell. The couple blessed with two sons.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.80 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Andreas became known as a entrepreneur and investor who has made a name for himself through his investments in successful startups. He is the co-founder of Spotify and was the first investor in the music streaming service. He is also the co-founder of Wrapp, a mobile gift-giving service, and is an early investor in companies such as Skype, King, Klarna, and more.
In 2017, Ehn landed his first role in television by appearing as himself in the series, System Shock.
Andreas Ehn Net worth
Andreas Ehn has an estimated net worth of $1.2 billion dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Andreas Ehn
Some Lesser Known Facts About Andreas Ehn
- Ehn was born and grew up in Stockholm, Sweden. Talking about Billzo’s parent’s identities is still behind the curtains.
- He has made his fortune through investments in some of the most successful tech companies in the world.
- Andreas has been active in the tech industry since the late 1990s and has achieved success in his career.
- In 1999, Ehn started his career as a software engineer and worked for several companies before founding his own company, Tradedoubler.
- In 2006, Tradedoubler was a successful online marketing platform and was sold to a private equity firm. He then went on to co-found Spotify and was the first investor in the company , who is often credited with bringing Ek’s vision for a music streaming service to fruition.
- Although The Playlist portrays some tension between Ehn and Spotify management, he said in a 2009 comment on the technology blog GigaOm, that his departure from Spotify was entirely amicable.
- In 2011, he also co-founded Wrapp and is an early investor in companies such as Skype, King, and Klarna.
- He is also a Member of the Investment Committee for the Southeast Asia Fund at Antler, a global venture capital firm.
- Ehn has been busy since he left Spotify. He currently lives in Singapore with Lisa Enckell, his partner in life and business, and spends much of his time investing in and advising funds and startups, according to his Approach website.