Shilpa Shetty also known by her married name Shilpa Shetty Kundra, is an Indian actress, producer, businesswoman. Primarily known for her work in Hindi films, she has also appeared in Kannada, Telugu and Tamil films. Shetty made her acting debut with Baazigar, following which she played a dual role in the action comedy Main Khiladi Tu Anari, both of which were commercial successes. She then featured in several films that fared poorly at the box office and Dhadkan marked a turning point. She started in dramas Indian, Rishtey, Phir Milenge, Life in a… Metro and Kannada drama Auto Shankar.
Manya, Honey Bunch, Babucha, Silly Pooh
Actress, Model, Producer, Entrepreneur, Author
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shilpa Shetty was born on 8th of June 1975, in Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
She’s currently 44 year sold.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shetty attended St. Anthony Girls’ High School in Chembur, Mumbai and later attended Podar College in Matunga, Mumbai. A trained Bharatanatyam dancer, she was also captain of the volleyball team at school.
- Father – Surendra Shetty (Manufacturer of water caps for the pharmaceutical industry)
- Mother – Sunanda Shetty (Manufacturer of water caps for the pharmaceutical industry)
- Siblings – Shamita Shetty (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shilpa Shetty has dated –
- Akshay Kumar (1997-2000) – She was in a relationship with the actor Akshay Kumar but they both broke-up after Shilpa found out that he was cheating her with Twinkle Khanna, Akshay’s present-day wife. The couple broke up in 2000 whilst filming Dhadkan.
- Sandeep Chowta (2002) – Towards the end of 2002, she was reported to be dating music director, Sandeep Chowta. Later, it was even rumored that they had decided to get engaged.
- Raj Kundra (2009-Present) – Shetty first met businessman Raj Kundra at a business meeting. Kundra was assisting her in the promotion of her newly launched perfume collection. However, while working in the professional capacity, they became close friends, which morphed into a romantic relationship. In February 2009, Shetty got engaged to Raj Kundra, with whom she was co-owner of the Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket team Rajasthan Royals. The two married on 22 November 2009. The couple gave birth to a son, Viaan Raj Kundra, on 21 May 2012
- In feet – 5 feet 5¾ inches
- In centimeters – 167 cm
- In meters – 1.67 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She is one of the most popular actresses of Bollywood and is known for her roles in the movies Dhadkan (2000) and Indian (2001) and won the 5th season of the British reality TV series, Celebrity Big Brother.
Shilpa Shetty began her career with the movie Gaata Rahe Mera Dil (1992) but due to certain reasons, the film was not released. She then made her debut with the movie Baazigar in 1993. In 1996, she made her Tamil debut with the movie Mr Romeo. Her debut in Kannada cinema was with the movie Auto Shankar (2005).
In 2004, Shilpa Shetty made her first TV show appearance in the reality TV series, Indian Idol.
Patani has appeared in a number of television commercials including B Natural, Limca, Volini, Yakult Danone, Madhusudan Ghee, Ankur Namak, Pantene, Aroka Store & Prega News.
Shilpa Shetty Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda, Jackie Chan, Tom Cruise
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi
- Favorite Musician – A. R. Rahman
- Favorite Designer – Donna Karan, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Diane von Furstenberg
- Favorite Shopping Destinations – New York and London
- Favorite Handbag Brands – Balenciaga and Bottega Veneta
- Favorite Perfume Brand – S2 (her own perfume brand)
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Lake Como, Italy
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Kori Roti, Corn Pulao, Chicken Biryani, South Indian Food
- Favorite Healthy Food – Low-cal Soups and Salads
Shilpa Shetty Net worth
Shilpa Shetty has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs 2 crore per film as salary.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Shilpa Shetty
- Instagram – theshilpashetty
- Twitter – Shilpa Shetty
- YouTube Channel – Shilpa Shetty, Shilpa’s Yoga
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shilpa Shetty
- She started her modelling career at the age of 16, when she passed her 10th standard examinations in 1991.
- She was very active in sports from her childhood days, she was the captain of her school volleyball team.
- She was the captain of baseball team during her school days, she also played Volleyball in her school days.
- Shilpa is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer and she is a black belt Karate champion.
- She is multilingual and apart from her native Tulu, she is also fluent in Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, English, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- In February 2006, Shetty lent support to a BBC World Service Trust television show designed to tackle the problem of HIV-AIDS in India.
- In an interview, she said that Akshay used me and left when he found someone else.
- In March 2006, various sources reported Shetty’s joining PETA as part of an advertising campaign against the use of wild animals in circuses.
- In April 2006, Madurai court issued non-bailable warrants against Shilpa for posing in an obscene manner in photographs published by a Tamil newspaper.
- In September 2006, alongside Farah Khan and Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Shetty began the first season of the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- In 2007, she became the first Indian celebrity to be cast in the popular British reality TV show, Celebrity Big Brother.
- She practices Ashtanga Yoga as often as possible (45 minutes daily).
- In 2017, she was invited to meet with Queen Elizabeth II in London.
- In 2007, she was awarded the Honorary Doctorate by the University of Leeds.
- In February 2007, she was invited by Keith Vaz MP to attend a reception at the House of Commons and meet British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
- In September 2007, she modelled at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.
- In August 2008, Shetty began hosting the second season of the reality television series Bigg Boss, the Indian version of the international reality television series Big Brother.
- In 2009, IIFA-FICCI Frames Awards awarded her with the Most Powerful Entertainers of the Decade with 9 other recipients.
- In February 2009, Shetty and Raj Kundra became part owners of the Indian Premier League franchise cricket team Rajasthan Royals by paying approximately US$15.4 million for an 11.7% stake. Shetty also co-owns the Indian chain of spas and salon called Iosis.
- In March 2014, Shetty began hosting the reality television show Soney Ka Dil, which she also co-produced along with Kundra.
- In 2016, she has been judging a dance reality show Super Dancer on Sony channel along with co-judges Geeta Kapoor and Anurag Basu.
- Visit her official website @ theshilpashetty.com.