Shahid Kapoor, also known as Shahid Khattar, is an Indian actor who appears in Hindi films. Cited in the media as one of the most attractive Indian celebrities, Kapoor maintains his popularity despite a fluctuating career trajectory and is the recipient of several awards, including three Filmfare Awards. Initially recognized for portraying romantic roles, he has since taken on parts in action films and thrillers.
Shahid Khattar, Shahi, Sasha, Shasha, Fahid, Dodo
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shahid Kapoor was born on February 25, 1981 in New Delhi, India.
He is currently 37 years old.
He is of Punjabi descent.
Until the fourth standard, Shahid went to Gyan Bharati School in Delhi. Subsequently, he went to Rajhans Vidyalaya, Mumbai.
- Father – Pankaj Kapur (Actor, film director)
- Mother – Neelima Azeem (Actor / classical dancer)
- Siblings – Ishaan Khatter (Half-brother), Ruhan Kapur (Half-brother), Sanah Kapur (Half-sister)
- Others – Supriya Pathak (Stepmother) (Actress), Anwar Azeem (Maternal Grandfather) (Marxist journalist and author from Bihar), Khwaja Ahmad Abbas (Great Great Grandfather) (Film director, journalist, screenwriter, novelist)
His career is managed by Kruti.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shahid Kapoor dated –
- Kareena Kapoor (2004-2007) – The actors met while filming 2004 movie “Fida”. They started dating in February 2004 on Valentine’s Day. They dated for three years and split in 2007 nearing the release of their film “Jab We Met” in that year.
- Sania Mirza (2008) – He had a fling with Indian tennis player, Sania Mirza in 2008.
- Priyanka Chopra (2009-2011) – After appearing on-screen in 2009 film “Kaminey”, the two actors started dating each other off-screen. The duo called their relationship quits in 2011.
- Mira Rajput (2015-Present) – Shahid married Mira Rajput, who is around 13 years his junior in a ceremony held in Delhi on July 7, 2015. An after party was held in The Oberoiin Gurugram later in the evening on the same day. The couple is blessed with 2 children, daughter Misha Kapoor (b. 2016) and son Zain (b. 2018).
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 42-30-15
- Chest – 42 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Biceps – 15 inches
Best Known For
Playing Prem in Vivah (2006), as Aditya Kashyap in Jab We Met (2007), as Charlie / Guddu in Kaminey (2009).
He debuted with 2003 romance film Ishq Vishk for his role as Rajiv Mathur. He received “Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut” for the film.
Till now, she has appeared only in Fashion Shows. Joan appeared in Ready to Wear – Spring /Summer 2008 and other fashion shows as well.
VIP luggage, Pioneer, Deodorant Brand
- Large forehead
- Dimpled smile
- During the shoot of Chup Chup Ke, he was accused of dictating how a particular scene should be shot, to which, the director got offensive. However, later he denied by saying that Priyan-Ji (the director) is a veteran and he can’t think of telling him how to make a film.
- He attracted a controversy when an MMS was leaked in which he and his ex-girlfriend Kareena Kapoor were making out.
Shahid Kapoor Awards
Kapoor is the recipient of three Filmfare Awards — Best Male Debut for Ishq Vishk (2003), Best Actor for Haider (2014) and Best Actor (Critics) for Udta Punjab (2016). He has received three additional Best Actor nominations at Filmfare for Jab We Met(2007), Kaminey (2009) and Udta Punjab (2016). For his performance in Haider, Kapoor was also awarded the Screen Award for Best Actor, Star Guild Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, among other awards.
- Cars Collection – Porsche Cayenne GTS, Mercedes-Benz GL-Class, Jaguar XKR-S, Range Rover Vogue
- Bikes Collection – Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Yamaha MT-01
Shahid Kapoor Favorite
- Favorite Actor – Pankaj Kapoor, Tom Cruise
- Favorite Actresses – Madhuri Dixit, Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – A. R. Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal, Justin Timberlake
- Favorite Color – Blue, Black, White
- Favorite Subject – Science
- Favorite Destination – Europe, Paris, Bali, Goa
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Sabina Khan
- Favorite Perfume – Paco Rabanne
- Favorite Food – Home Cooked Food, Rajma Chawal, Roti Dal and Curd Rice
Shahid Kapoor Net Worth
Shahid Kapoor’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $35 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shahid Kapoor
- Shahid had a difficult childhood as his parents Pankaj Kapoor and Neelima Azeem got divorced when he was just 3 years old.
- At the age of 18, he got the chance to work in a Pepsi commercial with Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukerji.
- He has learned dance from Shaimak Davar’s dance academy and was seen as a background dancer in films like – Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Taal (1999).
- He is the nephew of Bollywood actor Naseeruddin Shah.
- Due to his parents’ divorce, he was raised by his mom and maternal grandparents. Kapoor spent his childhood at Press Enclave, Saket, Delhi.
- He has appeared with his younger half-brother Ishaan Khattar in 2005 film Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!
- He is a vegetarian.
- Shahid is good at cooking.
- He loves eating Chinese and Italian.
- Shahid Kapoor uses the name “Shahid Khattar” on his passport due to his stepfather’s name “Rajesh Khattar”.
- Shahid once wanted to become a cricketer.
- His wife, Mira Rajput, is 14 years younger to him.