Mika Singh is an Indian playback singer and live performer. He came into the spotlight with his Punjabi song Sawan Main Lag Gayi Aag. Amongst a wide catalogue of songs, the prominent ones are Bas Ek King (Singh Is Kinng), Mauja Hi Mauja (Jab We Met), Ibn-e-Batuta (Ishqiya) and Dhanno (Housefull). Mika began his career at an early age and has released several solo albums. He also acted on various reality shows, becoming a modest star in the country. His song Sawan Main Lag Gayi Aag was remixed by U.S based singer Pinky Paras.
Singer, Musician, Actor
Pop, Bhangra, Rap
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mika Singh was born on the 10th of June 1977, in Durgapur, West Bengal, India.
He’s currently 42 years old.
There isn’t much information regarding his education.
- Father – Late Ajmer Singh Chandan (Musician & Farmer)
- Mother – Balbir Kaur (State Level Wrestler)
- Siblings – He has five brothers and is the youngest of them all.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mika Singh has dated –
Mika has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
- Measurements – 40–15–32
- Chest – 40 in or 101.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
His shoe size is 9 (US).
Mika started his singing career in 2008 with the Punjabi song Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag which made him an overnight star. Subsequently, he launched his albums Gabru, Dunali, Something Something and Ishq Brandy. In 2006, he made his Bollywood singing debut by singing the song Dil Tod Ke Na Ja (Remix) from the film Pyaar Ke Side Effects. Thereafter, he has lent his voice to many super hit songs including Mauja Hi Mauja, Singh Is Kinng, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Dil Bole Hadippa, Jugni, Dhink Chika and Gandi Baat. He has also sung various songs in Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Telugu and Kannada.
In 2006, he made his Bollywood singing debut by singing the song Dil Tod Ke Na Ja (Remix) from the film Pyaar Ke Side Effects. In 2008, Mika started his singing career with the Punjabi song Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag which made him an overnight star.
Singh has tried his hands in acting with the Punjabi Films Mitti, Wrath Kapoor, Loot and Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya.
Mika has judged the music show Music Ka Maha Muqqabla and mentored the music reality show The Voice India.
Mika has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
- Mika kissed Rakhi Sawant on the occasion of his 35th birthday party after which Rakhi filed a molestation case against him.
- In 2014, Mika was charged for a hit and run case after knocking down an auto rickshaw causing serious injuries to the passenger. However, the singer later clarified that he wasn’t driving the car.
- In 2015, Mika again grabbed headlines after he slapped a doctor at a live concert in Delhi.
- Mika Singh, along with his brother Daler Mehandi, got embroiled in a case that involved sending people out of India illegally.
- Mika also offended his co-guest, Kanika Kapoor, by calling Kanika his wife and Chris Gayle‘s bhabhi. However, he later pacified the situation by saying Main Chris ko sikha raha hoon. Aap bura mat maaniye.
- He again landed into a controversy after he decided flaunted the lipstick mark on his cheeks through Twitter saying that it was given to him by Bipasha Basu during the TV show Comedy Nights With Kapil. However, later the singer admitted that it was Dadi who kissed him in the show, not Bipasha.
- In December 2018, he was arrested by the UAE authorities with a charge of sexual harassment as he allegedly sent some inappropriate content to a 17 year old Brazilian girl through his Whatsapp.
Mika Singh Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Salman Khan
- Favorite Actress – Mahira Khan (Pakistani)
- Favorite Singers – Shreya Ghoshal, Arijit Singh
- Favorite Season – Summer
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Mutton Nalli Nihari, Reshmi Kebab
Mika Singh Net worth
Mika Singh has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2020. He charges around Rs. 10 to 15 lakh for a song.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mika Singh
- Mika is the first singer who has lent his voice to five actors in a song.
- He began to play the Tabla at the young age of 8, learned harmonium at the age of 12 and ended up taking guitar lessons after two years. Initially, he wanted to become a music director.
- Mika’s debut song Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag was a huge hit and made him an overnight star.
- He self-composed the patriotic song, Vande Mataram and dedicated it to Mother India at an exclusive show for the Indian Army.
- Mika is a huge fan of Badshah‘s rapping style. He loves his rapping in the song Baby Doll.
- He runs an NGO under the name Divine Touch which is inspired by her mother as she always wanted to help the poor and needy.
- Mika has also tried his acting skills in Punjabi films like Mitti, Wrath Kapoor, Loot and Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya.
- He is very fond of animals and has 18 pet dogs, 2 camels and 2 horses.
- Mika was banned from entering the Punjab University, Chandigarh in 2009 as he passed some filthy comments at a girl during his show in the campus fest.
- He shares a great bond with the singer and rapper, Honey Singh. Mika even gifted him a Harley Davidson bike worth Rs. 14 lakh to Singh for singing a song for his album.
- In 2014, Mika performed live and sold out in Bollywood Showstoppers at The O2 Arena with Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, Jacqueline Fernandez, Shahid Kapoor, Ali Zafar and supported by Bollywood dance group Bolly Flex, that appeared Sky1’s dance competition show, Got to Dance.
- Mika Singh also performed at his biggest outdoor concert at Danny Singh’s Sandwell & Birmingham Mela in 2016 with a audience of 80,000 at Birmingham, UK.